Applications invited for Call for Abstract for Rwanda 2019 WLGH
Organization: Women Leaders in Global Health (WLGH) Conference
Event Duration: 09 Nov. 2019 - 10 Nov. 2019
Apply By: 01 Oct 2019
About the Organization
The annual Women Leaders in Global Health (WLGH) Conference provides a forum for established and emerging leaders from across the global health community to meet and work together to advance gender equity in health leadership, and to improve health for all. The vision for the conference is for women around the world to find their voices, receive leadership training, and gain a sense of community and inspiration.
About the Conference
The 2019 Women Leaders in Global Health Conference will convene speakers and participants from diverse sectors in global health. The two-day event includes plenary sessions, panel discussions, interactive leadership and skill-building workshops, and opportunities for networking and mentoring.
Achieving today’s complex global health goals requires more diverse and inclusive leadership talent. Leadership diversity drives innovation and improves outcomes, yet leadership positions in global health are still overwhelmingly dominated by men: women comprise approximately 70% of the global health workforce but only 25% of senior positions and 5% of top leadership positions. Too often the careers of women with skills and talent stall at middle levels of leadership.
Participation: Call for Abstract
This call for abstracts will be used to identify 108 outstanding applicants; i.e. young health researchers, young health service providers and young health program managers, who will be selected to share their personal experiences or research papers. Among the best, 18 will be selected for oral presentations.
They look forward to applications from different groups including home-based care practitioners, nurses, midwives, community health works, medical doctors, and others who are looking for opportunities to engage in this global platform.
Submitted abstracts can have one of the following focuses:
- Research (scientific outcomes pertaining to the conference topics/ agenda)
- Leadership in service delivery (presenting women's leadership in health service delivery- challenges, successes and lessons learned)
Submission of the abstract will indicate that the author is willing to register, attend the conference and present the paper to the plenary, either in a verbal presentation or poster format.
The winners of this call will be granted full scholarship to attend the conference (transport, accommodation, and registration to the conference).
Conference Fees: After Early Bird Registration
- Low and Middle Income Countries: $150 USD
- Others: $250 USD
Panel Sessions – Topics for Abstract Submission
Topics on Global Trends and Developments
- What we have learned from African history: Women’s leadership and the health sector.
- Cultural Barriers to Women’s Health across Africa.
- Where do we stand with women’s health and gender equity 25 years after Beijing?
- Gender discrimination and gaps in academic societies and professional associations.
- Gender based violence and workplace harassment.
- Leadership Labyrinth: An honest discussion about career growth of women across global health sectors.
- Environmental changes and risks to women’s health.
- Women’s Health: spotlight on cancer.
- Fairness in research on minorities and women’s health.
- Women affected by conflict and crisis.
- Gender inequities in access to health education.
- Innovations In health.
- Family and career integration.
- Gender equity in clinical service delivery.
- Gender Equity and Women’s leadership in Global Surgery.
Role of Stakeholders:
- Discussion on solidarity across health professions to fight gender discrimination in academic, research and clinical service delivery.
- How women can boost research.
- Role of stakeholders in collective bargaining for health.
- The role of art and artists in global health and women’s leadership.
- Using social media to promote women’s leadership.
Conference Date: November 9 - 10, 2019
How to Apply
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd