Applications invited for Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award
Organization: Swiss Re Foundation
Event Duration: 01 May. 2020 - 01 Jun. 2020
Apply By: 16 Sep 2019
About the Organization
The Swiss Re Foundation reflects the social and humanitarian values of Swiss Re. Their mission is to build societies that are able to withstand and recover from health, environmental and economic risks. They do this where Swiss Re operates or intends to do so in future, as well as in developing countries outside its footprint.
About the Award
The Swiss Re Foundation Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award recognises entrepreneurial initiatives that take innovative approaches to building resilient societies and realising the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. They’re looking for business-minded organisations that provide tools, technologies and approaches enabling smallholder and/or medium scale farmers in low-income communities to carry out agricultural activities in a way that is both environmentally sustainable and socially beneficial.
Their 2020 award will focus on innovative solutions for climate-smart agriculture, including crop and livestock production as well as aquaculture. Ventures that address one or more of the following areas are welcome to apply: Climate mitigation and resource conservation; climate adaptation and risk management; increased productivity and food security; improved revenue opportunities for farmers; financial inclusion of farmers.
The award comprises a financial grant from the Swiss Re Foundation and, depending on the nature, scope and needs of the enterprise, non-financial contributions such as coaching and technical advice from Swiss Re employees and coaches. The total prize money of USD 700 000 is divided among the winner (which receives up to USD 350 000) and the two runners-up.
- Level of maturity: Are established as formal start-ups, growing and on a clear path to full or partial financial sustainability (e.g. if only some operations are commercially based) but still dependent on grants (or other support) to improve their business model and/or reach full financial sustainability.
- Innovation and technology focus: Leverage technology or an innovation in product or service delivery to deliver value to smallholder and/or medium scale farmers in low-income countries
- Mission and purpose: Have a strong social purpose while using commercial mechanisms to achieve sustainability and scale.
- Target group: Serve smallholder and/or medium scale farmers involved in crop production, livestock production, and/or aquaculture. Low-income and resource-constrained farmers should be a clear focus and priority and/or represent more than 30% of people served. Candidates should have a deep understanding of their end users' specific circumstances and address the social and climate-related challenges they face.
- Geography: Ideally, operate in low-income communities.
How to Apply
To apply for the 2020 Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award, complete the online questionnaire about your enterprise by 16 September 2019, 23:59 CEST. Only applications completed in English and submitted by this deadline will be considered.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd