Applications invited for Sony World Photography Awards (Student)
Organization: World Photography Organization
Event Duration: 29 Jul. 2019 - 29 Nov. 2019
Apply By: 29 Nov 2019
About the award
Produced by the World Photography Organisation, the internationally acclaimed Sony World Photography Awards are one of the most important fixtures in the global photographic calendar. The Awards are a global voice for photography and provide a vital insight into contemporary photography today. For both established and emerging artists, the Awards offer world-class opportunities for exposure of their work.
The objective of the Sony World Photography Awards is to establish a platform for the continuous development of photographic culture. The Awards do this by recognizing great contributions to photography in the past through the Outstanding Contribution to Photography prize as well as finding new talents of the future and providing them with the opportunity to be promoted and exhibited around the world.
- Free to enter for anyone undertaking a full-time photography program*
- Institutions must be registered for their students to take part
- Students answer a set brief with five to 10 images
- Awards for one overall winner and up to 10 shortlisted photographers
- Closing deadline: November 29, 2019 at 13.00 (GMT)
- Open to academic institutions worldwide, students are challenged to submit a series of three to five images responding to a particular brief. Ten shortlisted students are then chosen (one from each continent and four judges’ picks) and are flown to London to take part in exciting portfolios and photography masterclasses.
- The ten shortlisted students are each given a Sony camera to shoot a new series of images to answer a second brief. From this work, one overall Student Photographer of the Year is chosen and receives €30,000 worth of Sony digital imaging equipment for his or her institution.
2020 Brief: Invisible lines
The world we live in is structured around a variety of invisible lines. This could be in a natural environment (ie oceans, mountains, forests), in our society (ie gender, wealth, race), or intellectually. Show the judges the stories of people fighting against that and trying to break the invisible lines that most intrigues one in a positive way.
- Student Photographer of the Year receives €30,000 worth of Sony digital imaging equipment for his or her institution and inclusion in the Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition at Somerset House, London
- 10shortlisted photographers receive lights and accommodation to the Awards ceremony in London, a range of Sony digital imaging equipment, publication in Sony World Photography Awards book and inclusion in the Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition at Somerset House, London
How to Apply
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd