Applications invited for TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme
Organization: The Third World Academy of Sciences (TWAS)
Event Duration: 02 Dec. 2019 - 02 Dec. 2019
Apply By: 02 Dec 2019
About the Organization:
TWAS - The World Academy of Sciences for the advancement of science in developing countries - works to support sustainable prosperity through research, education, policy and diplomacy. TWAS is a global science academy based in Trieste, Italy.
About the Event:
In collaboration with UNESCO and a number of centres of excellence in the South, TWAS has instituted a Joint Associateship Scheme to enable competent researchers from the South to visit these centres regularly. An associate is appointed for three years during which he/she can visit a Centre twice for research collaboration. Almost 300 centres have been selected to participate in the Scheme.
- Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent degree. The selection of associates is highly competitive; appointments are made on the basis of merit. Special consideration is given to scientists from isolated institutions in developing countries. Women scientists are especially encouraged to apply.
- Appointments have a fixed duration of three years. During this time, the associate is entitled to visit the host centre twice, for a period of 2 to 3 months each time. Subject to the availability of funds, the appointment may be renewed for a further 3-year term.
- The Associateship covers the associate's travel expenses and a monthly contribution of USD300 towards incidental local expenses. The host centre covers accommodation and food, and provides the research facilities.
While filling in the online application, applicants also need to upload the following documentation:
- scanned copy of the applicant's passport, even if expired (page with applicant's name and surname)
- supporting Statement from Head of Home Institution
- the applicant's curriculum vitae (no more than 4 pages)
- the applicant's full list of publications
- PhD certificate
- two letters of recommendation by two referees, one of whom should be from an expert from another country
- a recent invitation letter - on the host institution’s letterhead paper - from one of the Institutions listed in the files. It should contain the proposed time of the visits (two to three months for each visit) and should refer to the proposed cooperation. It should be made evident that the applicant and the proposed host have been in contact regarding the scientific work to be done during the visit and that the conditions for conducting the work have been agreed in terms of the timing of the visit and the facilities available.
Please be advised that applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes. One exception: the head of an institution who invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes may still apply for another programme.
Contact email: email@example.com
Duration: 2-3 months
Deadline: 2 December 2019
For more information please click the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd