Applications invited for Third Human Rights Youth Challenge
Organization: UN Human Rights
Event Duration: 02 Oct. 2019 - 02 Oct. 2019
Apply By: 02 Sep 2019
About the Organization
The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (UN Human Rights) is the leading UN entity on human rights. The General Assembly entrusted both the High Commissioner and her Office with a unique mandate to promote and protect all human rights for all people. The United Nations human rights programme aims to ensure that the protection and enjoyment of human rights is a reality in the lives of all people.
About the Event
The challenge, organised by the Special Rapporteur on the human rights to water and sanitation, is an opportunity to show your knowledge, understanding and passion about the human rights to water and sanitation by creating original content. The challenge is co-organised together with UN Water, the Permanent Missions of Spain, the Permanent Mission of Germany, UNESCO-IHP, AquaFed, Public Services International, Franciscans International and the Water Youth Network.
Theme of the 3rd Human Rights Youth Challenge: Private sector participation in the water and sanitation sector: a human rights perspective. The theme of the 3rd Human Rights Youth Challenge is also the theme of the Special Rapporteur's report for 2020 on the analysis of private sector participation in the water and sanitation sector from a human rights perspective
Prize: The Special Rapporteur will invite the winner to join him in an expert consultation, to discuss the impact of private sector participation in the water and sanitation sectors on the human rights to water and sanitation with key experts and stakeholders. The winner will be announced on 2nd October 2019.
Eligibility: All persons between the ages of 24 and 32 years, as of 2nd October 2019.
Deadline: The deadline of the submission is 2 September 2019 and the winner will be announced on 2 October 2019.
Details about the challenge
The Challenge: Write an Essay
- The submission will be in a form of an essay focusing on one case study. Participants are free to choose a case, which focuses on various forms and models of private sector participation in the water and sanitation sector and analyse gaps in human rights protection and impact on the realization of the human rights to water and sanitation.
- Length of essay: 2,000 words in word document (including footnotes, page numbers, heading)
- Language: English, Spanish and French
- Submission period: 10 July 2019 - 2 September 2019, Midnight (Geneva time)
- Submission instructions: Share your main findings via social media channels where the UN Special Rapporteur has accounts (@UNSRwatsan on Instagram, @SRwatsan on Facebook and Twitter). Mark the social media update by including the hashtag #Youth4watsan and tagging the Special Rapporteur's account. Submit the essay together with the link to the social media update to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: "Submission for 3rd Human Rights Challenge" Please do not include your name or any other identifying details in the submission. Multiple submissions are NOT accepted.
How to Apply
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd