Applications invited for UNESCO For Women in Science Awards
Event Duration: 12 Mar. 2020 - 12 Mar. 2020
Apply By: 12 Jun 2019
About the Organization
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations (UN) based in Paris. Its declared purpose is to contribute to peace and security by promoting international collaboration through educational, scientific, and cultural reforms in order to increase universal respect for justice, the rule of law, and human rights along with fundamental freedom proclaimed in the United Nations Charter. It is the successor of the League of Nations' International Committee on Intellectual Cooperation.
Scientists from around the world are invited to nominate candidates for the 2020 L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science awards. The awards will recognize the scientific accomplishments of five outstanding researchers in the Life Sciences, each working in one of the following regions: Africa and the Arab States, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America & North America. Since its creation in 1998, the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science programme has distinguished 107 eminent women at the height of their scientific careers and supported more than 3,000 promising young women scientists from 117 countries through doctoral and postdoctoral prizes. The Awards will be given in March 2020 in Paris to the five women selected by an international jury for their outstanding contribution to scientific advancement. Each of the awarded Laureates will receive €100,000.
- Be recognized for her scientific excellence among the international scientific community
- Be actively involved in scientific research
- Be involved in any field of Life Sciences
- Not be directly or personally involved in the For Women in Science programme, as a jury member or otherwise, in any country.
- To be considered eligible for an award, the candidate must be nominated by an eminent scientist, such as heads of scientific institutions, members of national science academies or other national scientific institutions, research chairs, professors, etc. Eligible nominators may put forward more than one candidate.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd