Applications invited for Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards
Event Duration: 15 Sep. 2019 - 15 May. 2019
Apply By: 30 Jun 2019
Title: Applications invited for Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards
Deadline: 30th June 2019
About the Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards
We believe the world will only succeed in delivering the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals if we all start to think and work differently. That means a real shift towards meaningful partnerships and collaboration across the whole range of players – from governments to NGOs, and big businesses to start-ups. Imagine what we can achieve together.
That’s why six years ago we started the Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards to recognise and support brilliant young innovators tackling the planet’s biggest environmental and social challenges, and to help them achieve scale for impact.
Since the launch of the Awards in 2013, we’ve reached over 5,800 inspiring young sustainability entrepreneurs and their organisations and provided tailored support and funding to 37 winners. From simple solutions with far reaching impacts for child nutrition, to ground breaking technologies to cut greenhouse emissions, these changemakers are challenging business as usual and leading the way to a more sustainable future.
Each year we provide up to eight winners with financial support to help them grow – with the overall winner of the HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize receiving €50,000. All winners attend a residential Accelerator Programme run by the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership, followed by a year of mentoring support completely tailored to their needs. That could range from business support through to personal development coaching – whatever is most needed to help that entrepreneur and their business succeed. And where it’s right for both sides, we’ll support the entrepreneur to open doors and make new business connections – whether that’s within Unilever or elsewhere.
We know that the world’s problems will only be solved with the ideas and talents of a new generation of leaders and future-makers who are challenging business as usual, and who are the future of sustainability. We see a big opportunity to support, inspire, reward and collaborate with them, to help them scale and grow – both as individuals and as enterprises.
So, if you are working on an innovative and scalable technology or initiative – or know someone who is – which is contributing to one or more of these three categories, then we want to hear from you.
- The competition is open to founders or co-founders, aged between 18 and 35 (as of 29 June 2019), of initiatives from any part of the world with the exception of those based in Russia, due to local data protection laws.
- Initiatives must relate to at least one of the categories:
- Improve people’s health and well-being
- Improve the health of the planet
- Contribute to a fairer and more socially inclusive world
- Initiatives must have grown beyond the conceptual stage to an active organisation or project with quantifiable impacts, e.g. already gaining traction among local communities or other markets.
- Entries cannot be accepted from current Unilever employees, nor can entries promote Unilever or its products. However, the entrepreneur may have worked with Unilever in the past or may be working with Unilever currently as a third-party supplier.
Deadlines, Procedures & Rules
Applications must be submitted online through the Awards website. The competition opens at 00:00 BST on 07 May 2019 and closes at 23:59 BST on 30 June 2019.
For more information please check the link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd