Call For Nominations in The 12th Edition Of BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards
Organization: BBVA Foundation
Event Duration: 08 Feb. 2019 - 18 Jun. 2019
Apply By: 30 Apr 2019
The BBVA Foundation expresses the corporate social responsibility of the BBVA Group, in particular, its commitment to the advancement of the societies where it conducts its business activity. This responsibility and commitment have given rise to an extensive body of work in diverse knowledge areas. The Foundation focuses its activity on the analysis of emerging issues in five strategic areas: Environment, Biomedicine and Health, Economy and Society, Basic Sciences and Technology, and Culture. The BBVA Foundation designs, develops and funds research projects in these areas; facilitates advanced, specialist training through grants, courses, seminars and workshops; organizes award schemes for researchers and professionals whose work has contributed significantly to the development of knowledge; and communicates and disseminates such new knowledge through publications, lectures and debates.
About The Event:
The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards recognize fundamental contributions in a broad array of areas of scientific knowledge, technology, humanities and artistic creation. The disciplines and domains of the BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards are:
Basic Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) Biology and Biomedicine Information and Communication Technologies Ecology and Conservation Biology, Climate Change, Economics, Finance and Management Humanities and Social Sciences ,Music and Opera
The Climate Change award recognizes both research endeavors in confronting this challenge and impactful actions informed by the best science. In Humanities and Social Sciences, the award will alternate annually between these two disciplinary domains, with this twelfth edition dedicated to the Social Sciences. Finally, the Music and Opera category encompasses composition, instrumental and vocal performance, musical and stage direction, and video art creation associated with musical or operatic works.
The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards consist of 400,000 euros, a diploma and a commemorative artwork in each of their eight categories. In the event that an award is shared by more than one person, its monetary amount will be divided equally among all recipients. All awards, in whatever category, will be subject to the withholding and other taxes prescribed by current legislation, which will be deducted from their total amount
- Candidates may be one or more natural persons of any nationality, without limitation of number, that have made independent or convergent contributions to a given advance, whether due to a formal collaboration (with the nominees belonging to one or more groups) or parallel working.
- The awards are also open to scientific or cultural organizations that can be collectively credited with exceptional contributions to scientific knowledge, cultural creation or the fight against climate change.
- Awards may not be granted posthumously.
- The nomination period will open on January 1, 2019 and conclude at 23:00 GMT on June 30 of the same year.
- All nominations should be submitted using the dedicated form on the BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards website
- Both nominations and the accompanying documentation must be submitted in English only. the event that various organizations or individuals wish to jointly or coordinately submit a nomination, they should appoint a nomination coordinator who will merge all the materials into a single entry.
- The nominating institution or individual must provide the following information and documentation, as specified at the above web address
- Award category for which the candidate is nominated
- Name of the nominating institution and officer/body, with the corresponding contact data (postal and e-mail address, plus landline and cell phone numbers)Letter of nomination signed by the nominating officer/body
- Candidate particulars including institutional affiliation and contact data
- Description of the salient contributions of the candidate and reasoned arguments for the nomination (maximum of three pages, single spaced)Candidate’s curriculum vitae
- If an entry refers to one or several research teams or several persons that have made convergent contributions to a given advance as a result of parallel working, the nominating officer/body should provide the information referred to in points 4 and 6 above for all members of the candidature.
- With regard to point 5, the nominator should provide a single descriptive narrative including an account of the role performed by each member.
- The BBVA Foundation will send an e-mail to the nominator confirming the acceptance of the entry, and facilitating a registration number which should be quoted in all subsequent correspondence.
- If the documentation furnished is incomplete or contains correctable errors, the BBVA Foundation will notify the nominator to this effect, granting a non-extendible term of thirty calendar days in which to rectify the flaws detected, so the entry may be accepted for consideration.
- The BBVA Foundation undertakes to preserve the confidentiality of all documentation received, and will in no event provide itemized or individual information on the nominations received or on the deliberations of the award committees.
- The BBVA Foundation will publish only the names of those persons or institutions that have nominated a winning candidate.
Application Deadline: 30th April; 2019
For more information please check the link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd