Entries Invited for World Habitat Awards 2019
Organization: World Habitat
Event Duration: 11 Jan. 2019 - 31 Mar. 2019
Apply By: 31 Mar 2019
About the Awards
The Awards were established in 1985 for the identification and the promotion of good habitat practices. They were initiated in 1987 as World Habitat contribution to the United Nations International Year of Shelter for the Homeless. The concept of identification of good practice was virtually unknown in 1985 and the Awards were supposed to run over three years only. However, the response was so positive that World Habitat decided to keep the competition running. After 30 years, the World Habitat Awards are going from strength to strength.
World Habitat Awards 2019
Entries to the 2019 competition can be made from 1 January 2019.
Housing projects and approaches are sought that
- demonstrate practical, innovative and sustainable solutions to current housing issues faced by countries all around the world
- can be transferred or adapted for use as appropriate
- are already being implemented or are completed ie not at design stage or very early stages of development
- view the term habitat from a broad perspective and bring other benefits as well, such as energy or water saving, income generation, social inclusion, community and individual empowerment, health benefits, capacity building or education.
All entries are assessed and up to 12 projects are shortlisted by an assessment committee. These shortlisted projects are then evaluated by an independent advisory group.
Evaluation visits are made to some of the shortlisted projects before recommendations are put forward to a panel of external judges, including the Executive Director of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT).
Who can enter?
- Any individual, organisation or government who has an innovative and practical solution to housing needs and problems from any country of the world.
- More than one entry can be made by the same individual or organisation.
- Entries should relate to housing projects and processes that are either completed or in progress. Those that are at design stage only or in the very early stages of development cannot be considered.
- Previous entrants can re-submit in subsequent years providing that the project has been further developed in the intervening time period.
For more information please check the Link
Be a part of ‘North East CSR Forum in Guwahati’ on 26th February 2019. For more details, visit - http://northeastcsr.in/
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd