Applications Invited for the Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition
Organization: The Royal Commonwealth Society
Event Duration: 26 Nov. 2019 - 30 Jun. 2020
Apply By: 30 Jun 2020
The Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition
About the Organization:
The Royal Commonwealth Society is a network of individuals and organisations committed to improving the lives and prospects of Commonwealth citizens across the world. Through youth empowerment, education and advocacy, The Royal Commonwealth Society promotes the value and the values of the modern Commonwealth.
About the Event:
The Royal Commonwealth Society is pleased to announce that The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2020 was launched in Christchurch, New Zealand by the Society's Vice-Patron HRH The Duchess of Cornwall on the theme 'Climate Action and the Commonwealth'.
Building upon the 2019 theme of A Connected Commonwealth, this year’s topics draw on the increasing youth movement across the Commonwealth and the ongoing climate crisis. Young people are called upon to consider their position and power in bringing about change, and how the Commonwealth can be used as a tool for positive action. Our Final Panel of expert judges described entries to the competition in 2019 as ‘massively memorable’, ‘original’ and ‘very powerful’. They expect a similarly high calibre of writing for 2020.
For 2020, they want to hear from all young people, regardless of age, education or region. All stories are important and all voices matter.
Senior Category: Born between 1 July 2002 and 30 June 2006 (14-18 years of age)
- Imagine you are President of one of the Commonwealth’s 31 Small States and you have been invited to give a speech on Climate Change to other Commonwealth leaders, what will you say
- There is no Planet B: How will Climate Change affect you and your community?
- ‘We will never stop fighting for this planet’ - Greta Thunberg. How can young people make change happen?
- The destruction of the Oceans everyone’s concern.
Junior Category: Born on or after 1 July 2006 (under 14 years of age)
- Imagine you are Planet Earth, what would you say to Humans?
- A Blue Commonwealth: it is not too late to save our oceans. True or False?
- In 2019, students in more than 100 countries walked out of school to protest climate change. How can young people get their voices heard and make a difference?
- My planet, my place.
The QCEC is open to all citizens and residents of the Commonwealth aged 18 and under and is open until 30 June 2020. All entrants receive a Certificate of Participation and one Winner and Runner-up from the Senior and Junior categories will win a trip to London for a week of educational and cultural events.
All online entries must be submitted before 5pm (GMT) on 30th June 2020; any offline entries must arrive at the RCS offices in London by 30th May 2020 or they will not be counted.
Having trouble submitting your essay? Contact email@example.com
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd