Applications Invited for 2020 FACE UP! IATA Air Cargo Career Competition
Organization: International Air Transport Association (IATA)
Event Duration: 12 Feb. 2020 - 12 Mar. 2020
Apply By: 17 Jan 2020
2020 FACE UP! IATA Air Cargo Career Competition
About the Organization:
International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the trade association for the world’s airlines, representing some 290 airlines or 82% of total air traffic. They support many areas of aviation activity and help formulate industry policy on critical aviation issues. Their vision is working together to shape the future growth of a safe, secure and sustainable air transport industry that connects and enriches our world
The IATA Air Cargo Career Competition:
FACE-UP! gives recent graduates from around the world with the opportunity to present their thesis to industry executives at the 2020 World Cargo Symposium (WCS) in Istanbul, Turkey.
Their work must focus on innovation and transformation in air transport logistics (e.g., transportation, operations, mobility, revenue management, distribution, customer experience, etc.). The entries received will be evaluated based upon the innovative, transforming, and visionary nature of the content, as well as the quality of the solution presented in the thesis.
An independent jury panel will choose the top three entrants. They will be invited to pitch their thesis idea in front of 1200 top-level industry professionals at the closing plenary of the WCS. Besides being a unique networking opportunity, attending the WCS will also provide a valuable chance to learn about the latest trends and developments in the air cargo industry.
- University graduate (bachelor, masters, or Ph.D.), current or within two years of graduation
- Thesis preferably defended before December 2019
- Research focused on air transport logistics
- Able to present in a dynamic and captivating way at the WCS Closing Plenary
- Entry pass to the Future Air Cargo Executive Summit (FACES) 2020 and the FACE Cocktail will be free for each individual entrant that is shortlisted as a finalist.
- Entry pass to 2020 WCS will be free for each individual Entrant that is shortlisted as a finalist, including travel and accommodation.
- Each shortlisted finalist will be given a 10-minute presentation slot at the 2020 WCS Closing Plenary to present their thesis.
The Jury will be asked to evaluate the entries received based upon the innovative, transforming, and visionary nature of the content, as well as the quality of the solution presented in the thesis.
The three entrants with the highest cumulative score will be selected as finalists. Each judge will rate the entries based on the criteria below:
- Relevance for the air cargo industry
- Originality of the topic covered
- Presentation Skills
- Quality of the research
- 27 August 2019: Competition launch
- 17 January 2020: End of the submission period
- 12 February 2020: Announcement of the finalists
- 12 March 2020: Final voting at the IATA World Cargo Symposium
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd