Application invited for Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy
Organization: Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy
Apply By: 01 Dec 2019
Grant Amount: 7500 USD
Grant title: Application invited for Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy
About The Foundation
The Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy was established in 1997 by Irving Louis Horowitz and Mary E. Curtis as a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Its general purpose is to support the advancement of research and understanding in the major fields of the social sciences. Its specific purpose is to provide small grants to aspiring PhD students at the dissertation level to support the research they are undertaking for their project.
Aim and Mission
- To support emerging scholars through small grants;
- To promote scholarship with a social policy application; and
- To encourage projects that address contemporary issues in the social sciences.
Grants are based solely on merit. Each is worth a total of $7,500; $5,000 is awarded initially and $2,500 upon completion of the project.
For grant recipients to be entitled to their second installment, they must show evidence of one of the following:
- Acceptance and approval of their dissertation;
- Acceptance of an article based on the research by a peer-reviewed journal; or
- Invitation to write and publish a book chapter based on the research.
- Applicants must be current PhD (or DrPH) candidates who are working on their dissertation;
- Applicants must not have a PhD; those who do, are ineligible;
- Applicants must have defended their dissertation proposal or had their topic approved by their department;
- Applicants can be from any country and any university in the world. US citizenship or residency is not required.
The foundation supports projects with a social policy application on either a global or local level.
Applications are evaluated based on the Trustees’ assessment of criteria such as: feasibility, applicability, originality, methodology, theoretically informed or empirically rich research, and letters of recommendation. No specific weight is given to any one area. Proposals are evaluated based on overall merit of all aspects of the application.
- Awards are made to individuals, not institutions. If processed through an institution, a waiver for overhead is required.
- Recipients are expected to acknowledge assistance provided by the foundation in any publication resulting from their research and should notify the foundation with publication details.
- Grants are issued immediately on receipt of an acceptance letter from the recipient. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure the grant does not conflict with other funding they have secured. Grants are usually administered in June of the year they are decided.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd