Application invited for Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists
Organization: International Women's Media Foundation
Apply By: 05 Sep 2019
Grant Amount: 10000 USD
About the Organization
The IWMF works to unleash the power of female journalists to transform the global news media. Their fellows and grantees — both freelance and staff journalists — become experts in reporting in underserved regions, generate must-read stories, align with top outlets, and bring critical issues affecting women and others to light. They are the only organization that provides safety training, byline opportunities, and emergency support tailored to female journalists and photographers around the world.
About the Grant
The IWMF’s Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists supports the production of ambitious projects and underreported, globally important stories. It is the first funding initiative of its kind, enables the IWMF to dramatically expand its support of women journalists. Established with a $4 million gift from the Howard G. Buffett Foundation, the Fund supports projects including educational opportunities, investigative reporting and media development initiatives.
Applicants may apply for one of two different types of funding: reporting projects or professional development opportunities. Reporting projects include journalistic work in any media format, including but not limited to print, digital, video, photography and new media. The Fund for Women Journalists will prioritize reporting projects pitched around underreported stories of global importance. Professional development opportunities can include security training, conferences, workshops and media development initiatives such as technical skills building trainings.
Cause: Promoting the work and advancing the role of women in the news media across the globe is critical to transparency and a diversity of voices.
The fund was designed to help women journalists from around the world by providing grantees support to
- Expose under-reported but critical global issues
- Undertake ambitious projects that challenge traditional media narratives
- Develop field-based expertise and strengthen careers
- Pursue critical skills training and leadership opportunities
- Launch entrepreneurial news projects or acquire the skill to do so
- Women journalists from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must identify as women.
- Practicing journalism must be the applicant’s primary profession.
- Applicants must have three or more years of post-graduate professional journalism experience.
- Teams of journalists may apply, however the submission must be from a woman journalist and her team must include at least 50% women.
- Special consideration will be given to freelance journalists.
How to Apply
Applicants must be prepared to provide the following information (in English):
- Contact Information and Resume/CV
- Brief description of the project or opportunity you are seeking funding for
- If applicable, a list of any other team members or applicants
- Description of the purpose of the proposal and the issue/problem it is designed to address
- Estimated budget and time frame
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd