Organization: Azim Premji University
Apply By: 20 Apr 2019
Grant Amount: 2000000 INR
Azim Premji University was established in Karnataka by the Azim Premji University Act 2010 as a not-for-profit University and is recognized by The University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 2F.The University was founded as one of the key responses to the constraints and challenges that the Foundation encountered both within and in the environment, and as part of a larger strategy to contribute to the Education and Development sectors in the country.
About the Grant:
As part of Azim Premji University’s efforts to strengthen and elevate the state of understanding of societal processes and outcomes, university is launching the fourth round of our Research Funding Programme. This is designed to promote inquiry into areas of particular interest to the Foundation and to explore possible responses for some of them. The university invite high quality research proposals that examine significant questions of public concern in the following three areas:
- Education and Allied Areas
- Urban Governance and Sustainability
- Labour, Livelihoods and Employment
The funding programme is designed to strengthen and supplement our existing efforts in these areas. While the institute is open to any broad consideration within the area, the research should be empirically grounded, and be able to inform practice and policy. The duration of projects can range from 1 to 3 years, and the size of the research fund from Rs.5 to 20 lakhs.
- Interested applicants should submit the following via the online portal which will be open on March 20th , 2019:
- CV for all investigators
- Short concept note of not more than 3 pages
- Budget breakdown
- Anticipated timeline
- The concept note and proposal should both indicate why the study is needed, highlight its significance, clearly identify the research objectives/questions, and outline the methodology to be employed. In particular, it should indicate why the research is of general significance and how it addresses the particular concerns laid out in the terms of reference. Applicants should have demonstrated competency and qualifications to undertake the research in the proposed area. Applicants should read the terms of reference for each area before applying and ensure that the proposal aligns with the specifications. Please note that a proposal that is outside the scope of the specific areas of research will not be considered further. Accordingly please ensure that your concept note and proposal address the concerns highlighted in each theme and indicate how your proposal specifically seeks to engage with them.
- All proposals will undergo an internal review at the outset. Those deemed to be particularly promising will then be sent for an extensive external review that may take up to 2 months.
- Research Funds will be awarded primarily to individuals or teams affiliated with academic institutions, think tanks, NGOs and other centers of vital research both in India and elsewhere. We encourage scholars and researchers in the fields of education, public policy, economics, political science, sociology, anthropology, history and the sciences to submit proposals.
Application Deadline: 20th April 2019
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd