Applications Invited For United Nations Environment Young Champions Of The Earth Award 2019
Organization: United Nations - Environment
Apply By: 31 Mar 2019
Grant Amount: 15000 USD
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
About the Program:
The Young Champions of the Earth Prize aims to celebrate and support individuals aged between 18 and 30 with outstanding potential to create a positive environmental impact. Launched in 2017, the Young Champions of the Earth Prize is a global initiative to identify, celebrate and support talented individuals. Managed by UN Environment in partnership with Covestro, Young Champions is inspired by the long-running Champions of the Earth Award, which remains the United Nations highest environmental honour.
Up to 50 applicants who clearly articulate their skills requirements and demonstrate a strong willingness to learn will be granted privileged access to an online mentoring program. They will have the opportunity to seek technical guidance and professional advice from a broad community of experts availing themselves as mentors. Topics of strategic relevance such as communications, project planning and financial management, will be explored in depth with the aim of strengthening the viability and impact of mentees’ ventures.
The seven 2019 Young Champions of the Earth will each receive:
- US$15,000 in seed funding;
- attendance at a high-level UN meeting (all expenses paid);
- US$9,000 in funding to effectively communicate and capture your idea and broadcast the stories of hope and change you are catalysing on the ground.
- An introduction to dignitaries at the annual Champions of the Earth Award Ceremony;
- Publicity and recognition through online and global media and media interviews;
- Access to a community of UN and Covestro experts offering insights and mentoring;
- And Participation in an entrepreneurial training program.
- The winners will be required to contribute blogs and vlogs over the course of a year so that the public can follow their journeys on the Young Champions website.
The 2019 selection process has three rounds. The open call for applications will run from mid-January to the 31 March 2019. Each applicant will be required to submit responses to a series of questions and upload a referee’s letter of endorsement. Regional Finalists—drawn from every world region—will be short-listed by UN experts and requested to submit short videos pitching their big ideas. In the final stage, a Global Jury will review the Finalists’ big ideas and choose seven Young Champions of the Earth. The winners will be invited to attend the Champions of the Earth Award Ceremony in late2019, at which point, their names will be publicly announced.
In the first stage of the selection process, all applications will be judged by United Nations experts according to the following criteria:
- The 3 Ps – The positive impact your big idea could have on the environment (planet) and society (people), and its financial viability (prosperity).
- The 3 Cs – Evidence that you are a curious, courageous, and colorful individual.
- Demonstrated commitment – It is important that you have already attempted to implement your big idea for at least 6 months and can cite results to date.
- Endorsement – The strength of your referee’s recommendation.
How to Apply:
If you have at least 6 months’ experience working on a big idea to protect or restore the environment and will be aged between 18 and 30 on 31 December 2019, then you are eligible to apply. Just enter the application portal on the Young Champions website, answer a few questions and upload a referee’s letter of endorsement. The deadline for submission is midnight GMT on 31 March 2019. A referee is an individual who can vouch for the viability of your big idea and your ability to successfully implement it. He or she must be: (1) a senior staff person at a registered and reputable environmental or youth-focused organization ;(2) a university professor; or (3) a senior staff person at a business that has received third-party recognition of its sustainability efforts.
Application Deadline: 31st March; 2019
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd