Applications Invited for 2020 Upaya Accelerator Program
Organization: Upaya Social Ventures
Apply By: 06 Dec 2019
Grant Amount: 50000 USD
Upaya Social Ventures is working to create a pipeline of impact-driven entrepreneurs who are passionate about creating jobs and improving livelihoods for people living in extreme poverty. We have worked with 42 early-stage social enterprises, helping them scale and prepare for investment. Of those, we have made investments in 16 businesses that have so far created over 13,000 jobs for people in poverty.
About the Program
Upaya’s Accelerator Program is a hands-on leadership development experience for early-stage social entrepreneurs. Taking place over the course of four months, entrepreneurs will attend three immersive workshops designed to equip them with the knowledge and connections to grow their businesses. They will receive one-on-one consulting support from Upaya’s experienced team throughout the workshops and during a site visit to their business. The entrepreneurs will meet and network with industry experts, investors, and peer entrepreneurs.
The Program Is Designed To Focus On Three Key Areas:
Prepare your financial model for investors, and choose the right type of fundraising for your business.
Learn to measure and communicate the social impact your company has on the world.
Build on skills that enable you to drive teams and culture towards business growth.
Upaya’s accelerator program is provided free of cost to the eight to 12 entrepreneurs in each cohort. Benefits of the program include:
- Access to Upaya funding | Upaya selects up to three enterprises for investment from each cohort, each receiving up to $50,000 in equity investment.
- Access to Additional Investors | Participants have access to investors through pitch and networking opportunities.
- Three Classroom Workshops | Workshops are focused on helping companies improve their business model and prepare for investment. Each workshop is centered around one of our key focus areas: finance, impact, and leadership.
- Individualized Support | Upaya’s team provides one-on-one support, including field visits, regular check-ins, and the creation of a 100-day plan, to help companies refine their business plan, pitch deck, and financial model.
- All Expenses Paid | The cost for travel and logistics for the program will be covered by Upaya Social Ventures.
We will select eight to 12 companies for our 2020 cohort following a two-step application process.
We select eight to 12 entrepreneurs for each cohort who lead for-profit businesses that are creating jobs for people living in extreme poverty. Upaya’s expertise is in working with early-stage social enterprises, many of which have not yet raised significant prior funding. We invite applications from companies that match the following criteria:
Enterprises must be legally incorporated as a for-profit business in India.
Little Prior Funding
Enterprises have raised no more than 50 Lakhs in funding but are looking to raise more funding within 6-8 months.
Enterprises must be less than 5 years old with revenue-generating customers.
Social Impact Driven
Companies that create jobs for those living in extreme poverty or significantly improve income levels by purchasing from them. More details below
Application Deadline: 6th December 2019
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd