Applications Invited for British Ecological Society's Training & Travel Grants
Organization: British Ecological Society
Apply By: 31 Jan 2020
Grant Amount: 1000 Pound
About the Organization:
The British Ecological Society is a learned society in the field of ecology that was founded in 1913. They are the oldest ecological society in the world. The Society's original objective was "to promote and foster the study of Ecology in its widest sense" and this remains the central theme guiding their activities today. The Society has almost 5000 members of which 14% are students.
Training & Travel Grants:
This grant supports the training and development of students and postgraduate research assistants. Grants of up to £1,000 are available.
Training and Travel Grants are awarded on a first come, first serve basis, therefore once all of the funding has been allocated, we are no longer able to accept applications.
If the meeting you wish to attend is between January and the end of June, you must apply to the first round. If the meeting is after June, you should apply to the second round. (Please note that awards may take up to 2 weeks to be processed, therefore events taking place in the first two weeks of July are eligible for application within the first round).
These grants help PhD students and postgraduate research assistants to meet the costs of specialist field training courses and to network and publicize their research by presenting their work at workshops and conferences.
Eligibility and Conditions:
All applicants are required to:
- be a BES member.
- have at least a B.Sc. or equivalent degree.
- be a PhD student, postgraduate research assistant (within 3 years of completing relevant degree) or equivalent (Postdoc researchers are therefore not eligible to apply).
- work or study at a university or research institution (including field centres, NGOs, museums, etc.) that provide research facilities.
- work in scientific areas within our remit (the science of ecology) and of relevance to the training course or meeting they are applying to attend.
- give a presentation if attending a meeting.
- no retrospective claims for funding will be considered.
- no applicant may receive more than two Training & Travel Grants in any five-year period. There must be at least three years between grants.
Unless the applicant is self-funded, it is expected that their organisation will provide at least £150 of support towards the costs of the event.
- a maximum of £300 is available for events and courses being held in the applicants’ country of residence.
- a maximum of £500 is available for events being held outside the applicants’ country of residence.
- grants of up to £1,000 are available to attend our Annual Meeting if the applicant is a citizen of and working in a country that is classified as ‘low-income economy’ or ‘lower-middle-income economy’ according to the World Bank.
- the grant will be paid after the event has taken place, on receipt of a brief report, certificate of attendance and any appropriate receipts.
- all costs must be clearly justified within the budget section. Costs that are not justified will not be considered. Please ensure all costs are clearly calculated in GBP (British Sterling).
There is no application deadline; instead, there are two opening dates within a 12-month period (January and July). Once funding for one round has been allocated, the round will close until the next opening date. If the meeting you wish to attend is between January and the end of June, you must apply to the first round. If the meeting is after June, you should apply to the second round. (Please note that awards may take up to 2 weeks to be processed, therefore events taking place in the first three weeks of July are eligible for the first round).
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd