Applications Invited for CRRP and CAPaBLE Programmes
Organization: Asia-Pacific Network for Global Change Research (APN)
Apply By: 10 Nov 2019
About the Organization:
Asia-Pacific Network for Global Change Research (APN) is an intergovernmental network that promotes policy-oriented research and capacity-building activities related to global change in the region. The mission of APN is to enable investigations of changes in the Earth’s life support systems and their implications for sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific region through support for research and science-based response strategies and measures, effective linkages between science and policy, and scientific capacity development
About the Grant:
The APN invites proposals under the Collaborative Regional Research Programme (CRRP) and the Capacity Development Programme (CAPaBLE) for funding from September 2020. A limited amount of financial support is available for regional research and capacity development activities that fall within its areas of interest.
High Priority Topics for Funding:
APN invites Trans- and interdisciplinary research and capacity development proposals that reflect the following themes:
- Climate change and climate variability and their related impacts (climate projections/downscaling, extreme events, DRR, monsoon, etc)
- Ecosystem-based adaptation and disaster risk reduction
- Smart agriculture (resource allocation, livestock, food, technology transfer, innovation, extension, etc)
- Transboundary issues (pollution, water quality, human health, fisheries and microplastics, invasive species, waste management, etc.)
- Transition towards a sustainable future
- Water, food and energy security
- Improving the quality of climate change projections to address climate change impacts at national and subregional levels
- Extreme events related to monsoon and climate change
- Climate change and impacts on human health (physical and mental health)
- Coastal erosion and increasing risk to infrastructure
- Climate change adaptation due to increased flood, drought and wildfire events
- Ecosystem-based adaptation (EbA) in the context of international processes such as IPBES, IPCC, NOWPAP, AP-PLAT, etc
- Increasing the resilience of indigenous and local communities to climate-induced impacts
- Addressing knowledge gaps on social vulnerability due to the impact of a changing climate and unsustainable use of biodiversity
- Technology transfer for smart agriculture and food security
- Policy-relevant research on the implementation of nationally determined contributions (NDCs)
- Energy efficiency, GHG emissions reduction, facilitation of adoption of related mitigation policies
- Impacts of microplastics; research on new materials to combat microplastics
- Transboundary air pollution and its impacts on human health
Researchers, academics, practitioners working in institutions based in APN member country and approved country is eligible to apply for APN grant. Details of eligibility criteria are outlined in the Guide for Proponent.
Please note that APN does not support:
- The running costs of institutions;
- The salaries of administration staff; the salaries of researchers who receive or are to receive full-time salary support;
- The salaries of consultants (project leaders and collaborators should have the expertise to conduct the activities);
- The maintenance of long-term observation and monitoring systems; and
- General purpose equipment such as personal computers, laptops, smartphones, tablets or fixed office structure (desks, chairs, etc)
2019 Calls for Proposals under the CRRP:
APN invites proposals under its Collaborative Regional Research Programme (CRRP) for funding from September 2020. A limited amount of financial support is available for regional research and capacity development activities that fall within its areas of interest.
Activities related to collaborative regional research programme that APN supports cover the following:
- Collaborative research on global change and sustainaility that, particularly, addresses gaps, analysis, synthesis and assessment work.
- Collaborative research that develops pathways and mechanisms to achieve sustainable development and develop adaptation strategies
- Collaborative research that contributes to the evolving science-policy arena, including IPCC, IPBES, post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals, as well as ongoing and new global change and sustainability research programmes.
CRRP call for proposals: https://www.apn-gcr.org/apnis/public/calls/18
2019 Calls for Proposals under CAPaBLE Programme:
APN invites proposals under its Capacity Development Programme (CAPaBLE) for funding from September 2020. A limited amount of financial support is available for regional research and capacity development activities that fall within its areas of interest.
Activities related to the CAPaBLE programme cover the following:
1) Capacity development activities that promote the following approaches related to one or more the five thematic areas of APN:
- Utilizing and strengthening existing capacity
- Creating opportunities to use/instil capacity
- Developing new capacity through innovative approaches
2) Awareness raising and dissemination activities for policy- and decision-making communities, civil society and/or the general public
3) Science-policy interfacing in the context of the five thematic areas
4) Capacity development partnership activity that contribute to the capacity development components of the evolving global change arena, including IPCC, IPBES, post-2015 Sustainable Development goals, and ongoing and new global change and sustainability research programmes.
CAPaBLE call for proposals: https://www.apn-gcr.org/apnis/public/calls/19
- Before submitting any application, please ensure that APN grant scheme fits the policy of your institution. Refer to the APN Project-related Policies and Regulations.
- The proponent must submit a Summary Proposal by completing the submission form at APN Information System, APNIS.
Closing Date: Sunday, 10 November 2019, 23:59:59 JST.
Further inquiries on the Call for Proposal; please direct it to firstname.lastname@example.org (or the online advisory service form).
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd