Applications Invited for Country-level stories of change on health policy and systems research
Organization: World Health Organization (WHO)
Apply By: 12 Nov 2019
Grant Amount: 185000 USD
About the Organization:
World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. WHO are responsible for the World Health Report, the worldwide World Health Survey, and World Health Day
The Alliance is seeking a team of diverse health policy and systems researchers and communicators to develop stories of change on eleven low- and middle- income countries that provide an overview of how the HPSR environment has changed between 2009-2019 at the country level, and what the Alliance’s contribution to those changes has been.
The Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research (the Alliance) was established in 1999 to improve the health of those in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) by supporting the generation and use of evidence that strengthens health systems. For the first ten years, the Alliance operated primarily by giving grants to strengthen the capacities of young researchers.
For consideration for this award, the following eligibility criteria apply:
1. The principal investigator (PI) should:
- Have several years of broad global health research experience in LMICs, including HPSR;
- Have experience with or exposure to the work of the Alliance;
- Be involved in or published on research capacity assessment or research impact assessments; and
- Have experience with doing capacity development for research in LMICs.
2. The team should:
- Comprise of 1) a core team that defines methods and research tools and oversees work in multiple countries, and 2) a network of key people and HPSR collaborators living in or with knowledge of the relevant countries;
- Be familiar with quantitative and qualitative research approaches, especially for understanding contribution and impact of policies and programmes;
- Demonstrate language skills outside of English as appropriate for the countries;
- Have experience using innovative approaches to communicating research findings.
For all Alliance research projects, we require a gender balance, with women comprising at least 50% of the research team.
Funding and Period:
The maximum amount of funding available from the Alliance will be US$ 185 000. No further funding will be provided by the Alliance within and beyond the project period. The activities should take no longer than nine months and are expected to commence roughly in January 2020.
Submissions will be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers who will judge proposals based on:
- Appropriateness of the proposed methods for meeting the objectives of the call
- Feasibility of the proposed approach for meeting deadlines
- Eligibility criteria outlined above
- Value for money
Successful applicants can be expected to be notified within one month of the deadline. WHO may, at its own discretion, extend this closing date for the submission of bids by notifying all applicants thereof in writing.
Submissions of bids should be made at email@example.com. Please use the subject: WHO Bid Ref. Call for Proposals: Country-level stories of change.
Submissions should be no more than 8 pages, excluding annexes (standard font at size 11, 1.15 line-spacing, normal margins) and should include the following:
- Name of the bidding institution, including contact details and name of the key contact person/principal investigator.
- Composition of the proposed team: names, expertise, function in their institution, role in team, and experience relevant to the call. CVs should be included as an annex to the submission.
- Description of the proposed methodological approach. This should articulate how the team will go about collecting these 11 stories and how the methodology will situate these country stories in global trends. There should also be a clear description of how the contribution of the Alliance to change in the HPSR environment will be assessed. And finally, it should outline how it is envisioned that these stories are presented.
- Itemized budget and timeline of activities lasting no more than nine months between January-September 2020.
Deadline: Tuesday, 12 November 2019 (23:59 CET)
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd