Applications Invited for D-Prize New Entrepreneurs
Apply By: 20 Oct 2019
Grant Amount: 20000 USD
About the Organization:
D-Prize expands access to poverty-alleviation interventions in the developing world. Many solutions to poverty already exist. The challenge is distributing these solutions to the people who need it most. Their programs produce new "distribution entrepreneurs" - social entrepreneurs who start new ventures that distribute proven life-enhancing technologies to millions of people living in extreme poverty.
D-Prize supports new entrepreneurs who increase distribution of proven poverty interventions.
The world has already invented products and services to end poverty, yet the best are not being distributed at mass-scale. Through this challenge they give an opportunity to design a business or NGO that solves one of the Distribution Challenges below
- Sugar Daddy Awareness Challenge
- Quality Seed Challenge
- Fertilizer Challenge
- Improved Farm Practices Challenge
- Custom Agriculture Challenge
- Solar Lamp Challenge
- Cook Stove Challenge
- Patient Identification Challenge
- Maternal Health Challenge
- VMMC Challenge
- PMTCT Challenge
- Sayana® Press Challenge
- Immunization Challenge
- Flipped Classroom Challenge
- Student Testing Challenge
Governance and Infrastructure:
- Transparency Challenge
- Propose Your Own Challenge
- D-Prize challenges are open to anyone or any teams. The sole restriction is that individuals and their immediate family on the judging panel may not participate as a contestant.
- D-Prize is also open to any business model (for profit, non-profit, and everything in between). All winners will be awarded up to $20,000. The award is offered in the form of a convertible grant.
- Up to 25 of the most promising proposals will be selected for funding awards, regardless of which challenge track was selected.
- Proposals must be submitted following the instructions in this packet.
- Extra material outside of the proposal will not be considered.
- Revisions to proposals after submission will also not be considered.
- Only one proposal per person or partnership will be considered.
- Proposals must be written in English.
Deadlines and the Prize Process:
- First Round proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis, using the following deadlines. We strive to send decisions out within three weeks. Judges may request additional information via email before making a decision.
- Early decision deadline: October 20, 2019 at midnight PT (Pacific Time). Early decision proposals are more likely to advance to the next round, and will have additional time on for the full proposal.
- Regular deadline: November 10, 2019 at midnight PT.
- Extension deadline: December 1, 2019 at midnight PT. Extensions are limited to the first 200 people who register at: www.d-prize.org/extension
- Top entrepreneurs invited to participate in Round 2 will be asked to draft and submit a full plan of their venture, roughly 10 pages in length plus any desired appendices. The plan will include more details on operations, a budget, milestones, and other items. Participants will receive a Round 2 Proposal Packet with full instructions.
- Those invited to the Second Round will have about four weeks to submit a plan.
- Entrepreneurs invited to the Final Round will interview with judges over email and on the phone. Depending on the promise and cost-effectiveness of a proposal, judges may award up to $20,000 in funding. The average D-Prize award size is $12,000.
Piloting Winning Ventures
- Besides direct funding, D-Prize can assist in helping your venture attract future funding if the pilot proves successful. We will also provide you access to the D-Prize network of past winners, and will do our best to support you in other ways.
- If you have questions, send an email to the D-Prize team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission deadline for early decision round: October 20, 2019 at midnight PT (Pacific Time)
- Regular submission deadline: November 10, 2019 at midnight PT
- Extension deadline (limited to 200 people who register): December 1, 2019 midnight PT
- Register for an extension: www.d-prize.org/extension
- Submit Concept Notes and Resumes to: www.d-prize.org/submit
For more information please click the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd