Applications Invited for Disney Conservation Fund
Organization: The Walt Disney Company
Apply By: 18 Oct 2019
About the Organization:
The mission of The Walt Disney Company is to entertain, inform and inspire people around the globe through the power of unparalleled storytelling, reflecting the iconic brands, creative minds and innovative technologies that make ours the world’s premier entertainment company.
About The DCF Programs:
The Disney Conservation Fund (DCF) is committed to saving wildlife, inspiring action and protecting the planet. The fund pairs philanthropic grants with contributions of expertise from many Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment professionals and other employees who work together to make an impact for people, wildlife and wild places.
Criteria used to evaluate each proposal:
1) The proposal should be cooperative in nature and may have matching funds.
2) The proposal should clearly contribute to the conservation of endangered or threatened species in the wild, their habitats and engage the communities that surround them through community-based education programs or support sustainable community development projects that assist people in protecting nature.
3) The proposal should build on previous work including an established commitment to a conservation program OR is well suited to become or contribute to a long-term conservation program.
4) The principal investigator affirms that the welfare of the animals identified in this study is not compromised.
5) Specifically, the principal investigator affirms that:
- Capture/restraint techniques minimize stress and the potential for physical injury or psychological harm
- Immobilization/anesthesia is done under the direct supervision of a veterinarian or other trained professional
- Exposure to noxious stimuli and presumptive negative effects are minimized with administration of anesthetic and/or analgesic agents where appropriate
The Disney Conservation Fund gives priority consideration to holistic programs addressing a significant conservation need (or projects that are part of a program) which reflect:
- Education and community engagement, including measuring results (see below for additional information on expectations for education components)
- Sustainable development programs directly connected to protecting species and habitats
- Scientific field studies on species and habitats (the Disney Conservation Fund does not fund ex-situ projects/project components)
- Although the fund recognizes that basic science is a critical first step in conservation initiatives, preference is given to projects where there is a significant conservation action component
Inquiries for the 2020 granting cycle are now being accepted through 11:59 PM EST October 18, 2019.
For more information please click the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd