Applications Invited for Environmental Curricula Grants
Organization: Melinda Gray Ardia Environmental Foundation
Apply By: 25 Jan 2020
Grant Amount: 1500 USD
About the Organization:
Melinda Gray Ardia Environmental Foundation are a private operating foundation, run by a Board of Directors made up of family members and environmental professionals that set both financial and program policy. They have taken a conservative strategy on both fronts. Through this conservative strategy we have ensured that your donations build our endowment and will provide lasting impacts beyond the face value of your gift.
Environmental Curricula Grants:
The Foundation seeks to contribute to the development, implementation and/or field testing of environmental curricula that meet the mission, goals and requirements below.
The mission of our grant program is to support educators in developing and implementing holistic environmental curricula that:
- Integrate field activities and classroom teaching, and
- Incorporate basic ecological principles and problem solving.
They have developed our grant program with the following goals:
- To empower and encourage students to become involved in solving environmental and social problems
- To promote thoughtful and appropriate analysis and understanding of the natural world
- To train students as informed decision makers through the emphasis and application of basic ecological principles.
To be awarded a grant, environmental curricula must:
- Show a holistic approach
- Strive to synthesize multiple levels of learning (facts, concepts, and principles)
- Include experiential integrated learning and problem solving
- Be founded on basic scientific principles, including hypothesis testing and experimental design
- Incorporate basic ecological principles and field environmental activities within a primary or secondary school setting
- Present controversial issues objectively, stressing the development of individual student opinions
Any organization is eligible to apply, including schools, non-profits, governmental agencies and others.
- The only criterion is that they are required to provide funds to an organization, not to an individual. If you are self-employed, you need to find a sponsoring organization.
- They fund organizations across the globe, for example in Tanzania, Kenya, Guatemala, Chile and Bangladesh
Budget: They give grants of up to $1500. If the MGAEF contribution will be part of a larger requirement, include the total budget of the project indicating what our funds will support. If your total budget exceeds $1500, as many projects do, it is important to:
- State whether you have obtained or applied for additional funds
- Give an honest appraisal of whether the project can succeed without these additional funds but with our $1500 grant.
The last day for pre-proposals is Jan 25, 2020.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd