Applications Invited for Indo-Australia Fund for Scientific and Technological Cooperation (Indo-AISRF)
Organization: Department of Science and Technology (DST)
Apply By: 23 Oct 2019
About the Organization:
The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science & Technology. Government of India, New Delhi and the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science (DIIS), Australian Government are providing financial support for joint research activities carried out by Indian and Australian researchers. Indian-Australian research teams are hereby invited to submit joint research proposals under Round 12 of AISRF.
Background and objectives:
The Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF) is a platform for bilateral collaboration in science, jointly managed and funded by the governments of India and Australia.
Since its establishment in 2006, the AISRF has supported collaborative, leading-edge research between scientists in India and Australia across a range of agreed priority areas. It has also helped to build linkages between premier research institutions in both countries.
The objectives of the AISRF are to:
- increase the uptake of leading-edge science and technology (S&T) by supporting collaboration between Australian and Indian researchers in strategically focused, leading-edge scientific research and technology projects, and strengthening strategic alliances between Australian and Indian researchers; and
- Facilitate Australia’s and India’s access to the global S&T system.
The priority areas for collaborative research projects in Round Eleven of the IndoAustralian S&T Fund are:
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Food processing, storage and distribution
- Mining safety and efficiency
To be eligible to apply for funding under the Indo-Australian S&T Fund, the Indian applicant must:
- Seek support for a bilateral collaborative research project in one of the priority areas of research;
- Have obtained the agreement of their proposed Australian research partner to undertake the project activities;
- Be one of the following ‘eligible organisations’ (or a consortium of eligible organisations):
- Education institution;
- UGC recognized Universities/ Deemed Universities
- Academic Institutes and National Research & Development Laboratories/Institutes
- public sector research agency; or
- private, not for profit, research organisation (Recognised by Department of Scientific & Industrial Research, Govt. of India organisation as S&T organisation)
- Address each of the Assessment Criteria
- Seek funding for eligible expenses; and
- Not seek funding for activities funded under another Indian Government program.
- Living expenses, including accommodation and meals, for Australian researchers travelling to India to participate in collaborative research projects and workshops. Indian side will contribute a maximum of Indian Rs.2, 500/ per person per day or Indian Rs.25, 000/- per person per month whichever is the lesser amount and Guest House Accommodation Charges
- Living expenses, including accommodation and meals, for Indian researchers travelling to Australia will be met by the Australian Government, Australian side will contribute a maximum of AUD$300 per person per day, or AUD$4,000 per person per month, whichever is the lesser amount
- The call for applications for Round Twelve is open from 28th August 2019 to 23rd October 2019. For online submission of application forms please visit at https://onlinedst.gov.in/Projectproposalformat.aspx
- The Indian researchers can download the proposal formats from website www.onlinedst.gov.in after registering themselves
For more information please click the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd