Applications Invited for Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 14
Organization: One Young World
Apply By: 05 Jan 2020
Grant Amount: 50000 USD
About the Organization:
One Young World is a UK-based not-for-profit organization that gathers young leaders from around the world to develop solutions to the globe’s most pressing issues. One Young World stages annual summits in different cities where delegates from charities, non-governmental organizations, corporations and universities are joined by world leaders, acting as counsellors.
Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 14 - Supported by Credit Suisse - Investing in the Oceans
The blue economy is the 7th largest in the world, worth nearly $25tr in asset value. Despite this, it is drastically underinvested from a public and private capital point of view. Estimates suggest that $520bn is lost annually in economic activity and 26 million people are forced into poverty due to costal natural disasters and ocean degradation.
Credit Suisse has already helped to foster partnerships in the ocean conservation space. We hosted the first Impact Roundtable on Marine Conservation in Lisbon in May 2018, utilizing our convening power to attract partners and capital. The event connected marine conservation experts and practitioners, leading investors and philanthropists across the globe to further progress in ocean conservation and help advance and create investible solutions to restore ocean health. We believe that we can harness our global network of experts to help support the winner of our Lead2030 Challenge.
Additionally, Credit Suisse has supported thought leadership in the space to raise awareness about the dawning threat to our oceans. Our “Age of Plastics” report, highlighted the damaging effects of plastics on our oceans and trends in single-use plastics. Our “Responsible Consumer” report provided an insight to the circular economy and the unintended consequences for our oceans due to irresponsible consumption and production behaviour.
Credit Suisse is proud to support the Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 14. The Challenge aims to surface and support impactful enterprises that look to further narrow the gap in achieving SDG 14. Credit Suisse welcomes entrepreneurs with for-profit enterprises that help improve ocean health, in any form, to submit their business plan for consideration.
Our challenge invites participants from the examples below, however not restricted to, solutions that could protect and/or restore existing ocean based resources. For example:
- Reducing marine waste (along any part of the value chain)
- Alternatives to single use plastic packaging/materials
- Support sustainable aquaculture practices
- Provide marine conservation benefits
Alternatively, solutions linked to opportunities for enhanced or new economic activity derived from the ocean. For example:
- Ocean related energy
- Blue carbon initiatives
- Minimize shipping contribution to climate change
- Aligned: Evidently aligned with the SDG14 challenge. See ‘Challenge outline’.
- Youth-led: Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Focused: Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Proven: Readily available, in or past implementation phase.
- Impactful: Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
- Measurable: Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Financially viable: Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Scalable: Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
The winning solution will receive-
1. A US$50,000 grant from Credit Suisse
2. 12 months of mentorship from a team of Credit Suisse professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organization, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
Application Deadline: 5 January 2020
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd