Applications Invited for Lead2030 Challenge for Goal 12 Aiming for Waste Recycling
Organization: One Young World
Apply By: 05 Jan 2020
Grant Amount: 50000 USD
About the Organization:
One Young World is a UK-based not-for-profit organization that gathers young leaders from around the world to develop solutions to the globe’s most pressing issues. One Young World stages annual summits in different cities where delegates from charities, non-governmental organizations, corporations and universities are joined by world leaders, acting as counsellors.
Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 12 – Supported by Mondi Group - Turning waste by the packaging industry into raw materials of inherent value
Mondi is proud to support the Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 12. The Challenge seeks solutions that address necessary changes (social, technological, economic, political, infrastructural, consumer behaviour and others) required to avoid waste to be landfilled. This requires not only an adaptation of processes, raw material selection/preparation and waste collection/sorting, but also the cooperation on all levels involved, including government, industry, retail, end consumer. The project is working towards a zero waste future with currently landfilled or incinerated waste being reintroduced into the value chain, preferably as a secondary raw material.
Lead 2030 Challenge supports solutions from young creators that include;
- Find alternative solutions for waste streams from the packaging industry or after-use of packaging material to avoid landfilling.
- Investigate decision structures and propose mechanisms with no obstacles (including legal) for successful implementation of the project.
- Demonstrate how current retail, collection, sorting and recycling infrastructure shall be adapted to generate raw materials of inherent value.
- Demonstrate how consumers can be incentivized and encouraged to improve sorting and collection of packaging waste.
- Demonstrate how cross-industry collaboration can make reuse/recycling mechanisms efficient and widely used.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Human health
- Waste collection/sorting
- Consumer behaviour
- Global economy
- Aligned: Evidently aligned with the SDG12 challenge. See ‘Challenge outline’.
- Youth-led: Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Focused: Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Proven: Readily available, in or past implementation phase.
- Impactful: Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
- Measurable: Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Financially viable: Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Scalable: Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
The winning solution will receive:
1. A US$50,000 grant from Mondi Group
2. 12 months of mentorship from a team of Mondi Group professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organization, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
Application Deadline: 5 January 2020
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd