Applications Invited for SAARC Research Grant Islamic Cultural Trails: Journey through Time and Space
Apply By: 30 Jun 2019
Grant Amount: 1000 USD
Grant title: Applications for SAARC Research Grant Islamic Cultural Trails: Journey through Time and Space
Deadline: 30th June 2019
The “South Asian Cultural Trails” was approved by the 18th SAARC Summit in Kathmandu in November 2014. The Islamic Cultural Trails is the third Research Grant on South Asian Cultural Trails and was approved by the 10th Governing Board Meeting of the SAARC Cultural Centre and the 56th Session of the Programming Committee of SAARC. The Research Grants will provide an opportunity for the Member States to explore new research areas and sites along the Islamic Cultural Trails. This will also act as a precursor to the Cultural Trails proposed for the future and lay the ground work in research to look at Cultural Trails as connected routes where ideas, information and knowledge travelled in all directions. 8 Research Grants will be disbursed, one for each Member State.
Objectives of the Research Grant
To encourage new research through the SAARC Research Grants on the Cultural Trails of the SAARC Region.
To encourage new research on identification of new sites, locations, cultural trails, tangible and intangible heritage associated with Islamic Cultural Trails.
To facilitate new research and new approaches to study the Islamic Cultural Trails as an integrated entity.
To study and analyse all different perspectives and areas which influenced the establishment, development and continuation of the Cultural Trails in the Region.
To present innovative measures for the conservation and preservation of tangible and intangible cultural heritage of the SAARC Region.
Research Grant Overview
One research proposal will be selected from each Member State to be awarded the short-term Research Grant of US$ 1,000/=. The selection of Research Proposals will be carried out by a team of experts selected by the SAARC Cultural Centre.
The SAARC Cultural Centre invites Academics and Researchers from Member States to submit detailed Research Proposals (along with the detailed budget breakdown for US$ 1,000/=) for new and innovative short-term research projects on the Islamic Cultural Trails. The first instalment of the grant (US$ 500/=) will be made at the commencement of the Research Project. The final payment is subject to the review of the final presentation made to a team of experts via video conferencing and submission of the Final Research Report. Any suggestions / recommendations made by the SCC team of experts at this stage should be included in the research process by the respective researchers.
Research Project Themes
The following themes have been identified for the Research Seminar and Research Grant on Islamic Cultural Trails. However, research proposals based on different themes will also be accepted depending on their content and relevance to the Islamic Cultural Trails.
Islamic Cultural Trails – (Refer to Annexure 1 for Details).
- Identification of New Sites and Locations along the Islamic Cultural Trails.
- Comparative Studies of Islamic sites (monuments, mosques, minarets, tombs, etc.,) in the Region.
- Comparative Research and interpretation of Landscape values of Islamic gardens.
- Travels of Islamic Pilgrims.
- Cultural Symbolism of Islam.
- Art and Architecture of ICT.
- Archaeology of ICT.
- Intangible Heritage of ICT (Music, dance, folk art, folk stories, traditional healing, handicrafts, etc.).
- Trade and Commerce of ICT.
- Manuscripts, texts and inscriptions, languages and scripts of Islam.
- Technology of ICT (Irrigation, engineering, agriculture, etc.)
- Cultural Diffusion of Islam.
- Heritage Management of ICT sites.
- Tourism promotion of ICT.
- Academics, Scholars and Researchers of the SAARC Member States.
- Academics, Scholars and Researchers who have received Research Grants from the SAARC Cultural Centre previously will not be eligible.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd