Applications Invited for SANDEE - Policy Research on the Economics of Natural Resource Use and Environmental Change
Organization: South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics (SANDEE)
Apply By: 31 May 2020
Grant Amount: 40000 USD
About the Organization:
The South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics (SANDEE) is a regional network that uses economic tools and analyses to address South Asia's environmental challenges. Their main goal is to build the professional skills required to enable South Asians to address local and global environmental concerns.
Policy Research on the Economics of Natural Resource Use and Environmental Change:
SANDEE requests research concept notes in three prioritized areas:
Policies and Instruments for Greener Development:
- Governments put forward a variety of policies and regulations to manage environmental problems. In order to understand whether these strategies enhance sustainable development, this thematic area evaluates: a) the role of regulatory and market mechanisms in policy compliance; b) the impacts of environmental programs and policies; and, c) the development of cities as sustainable engines of growth.
- Current examples of SANDEE research under this theme include studies of compliance with environmental regulations in garments, tanneries and other polluting industries and assessments of policies and programs that promote clean energy, adoption of environmentally friendly technology and green development.
- Ecosystems provide provisioning, regulating, supporting and cultural services that are being lost at an accelerating rate. Ecosystems research examines: a) contributions of services to livelihoods, particularly of vulnerable groups; b) scale and institutional issues in managing trade-offs associated with resource use; c) policies for conserving services such as biodiversity that are not substitutable.
- On-going research includes analysis of human-wildlife conflict, payments for ecosystem services and economic trade-offs associated with land-use and management changes.
Economics of Climate Change:
- With climate change, South Asia is expected to get warmer and experience more extreme events. SANDEE's climate portfolio focuses on: a) the efficacy of alternate adaptation strategies and their local co-benefits; b) programs, institutions and policies that support low carbon growth and long-term adjustment to climate change; and c) access and distributional issues related to renewable energy resources.
- Ongoing studies assess adaptations strategies through water and agricultural management and evaluate mitigation programs such as REDD+ and renewable energy interventions.
- Selected research concept notes that focus on transboundary areas and cross-country comparative analyses will be provided proposal development support in order to enable teams to understand cross country issues and travel to study areas for developing full proposals. SANDEE will also try to facilitate cross-county team development.
- Innovative proposals outside the three themes listed above and without a cross country component will also be considered if these have strong policy implications.
- Concept notes are generally no longer than 1500 words. They are evaluated on their academic merit and policy significance. While SANDEE focuses on environmental management, proposals have to include a strong economics component.
- Grants are likely to be in the range of USD 20,000- 40,000 over a one to two-year period. Larger grants will be reserved for teams that are multidisciplinary and involve two or more countries in the region. Institutional affiliation is required for receiving support.
Grant: Research grants are in the range of USD 20,000-40,000 over a two-year period.
SANDEE accepts concept notes throughout the year but distributes grants in twice a year.
Deadlines for grant consideration are May 31 and November 30.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd