Applications Invited for SUEZ-Institut de France Award
Organization: Fondation SUEZ
Apply By: 15 Dec 2019
Grant Amount: 50000 Euro
About the Organization:
The purpose of the Fondation SUEZ is to sustainably combat exclusion in all of their forms, by supporting concrete actions to encourage: Access to essential services (water, sanitation and waste) for underprivileged populations in developing countries; the integration of the most vulnerable populations in France thanks to training and employment. Their actions come within the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Purpose of the Award:
The SUEZ-Institut de France Award follows the principles and organisation of the “Water for All” competition, which it replaced in 2011. They reward projects and innovations that contribute to the development of water services, sanitation and waste management in developing countries.
The jury will give priority to projects: designed for appropriation by local stakeholders and the project’s beneficiaries (populations, local authorities, etc.); enabling the integration and participation of at-risk populations; applicable to urban and peri-urban environments
Who can apply?
The SUEZ-Institut de France Award is open to any non-profit organization (Access to Essential Services Award) and to any social entrepreneur (Social Entrepreneurship Award) who have developed an innovative and replicable project contributing to the development of water services, sanitation or waste management services in developing countries, preferably applicable to urban and peri-urban areas.
The SUEZ-Institut de France Award includes two categories, for two types of applicant:
- The Access to Essential Services Award, for a sum of €50,000 (fifty thousand euros) is awarded to a non-profit organisation as a reward for its innovation. It aims at creating a bridge between applied research and operational development projects. The objective is to promote the innovations to the greatest number of people so that then they may be used by professionals in the water, sanitation and waste management sectors in developing countries. The innovations, applicable in the field, can be technical, organisational, financial or social, and may concern tools for spreading information and knowledge.
- The Social Entrepreneurship Award, for a sum of €50,000 (fifty thousand euros), is awarded to a social entrepreneur for an initiative in the field of water access, sanitation or waste management. It aims at supporting business activities developed by social entrepreneurs in the sectors of water, sanitation and waste management in developing countries. These initiatives, which often generate jobs, have a positive social impact, particularly for poor and at-risk populations.
Applications are selected according to the following criteria. Projects already subsidised by the Fondation SUEZ cannot win the Award:
- The project contributes to the improvement or development of water services, sanitation or waste management.
- The project concerns at least one developing country.
- The project has already produced conclusive results through one or several significant pilot phases.
- The project is replicable (generalisation to different contexts, easy implementation, adapted costs, etc.); the project must be free of all rights or at least not subject to restrictive intellectual property rights.
- The applicant organisation and the team responsible for the project are recognised for their qualifications and experience.
- The application form complies and is complete in form and content, the answers to the requested information are concise and clear, the presentation is clear etc.
- The application form must explain and describe the use that will be made of the Award funds in order to improve water services, sanitation or waste management in developing countries.
Selection criteria specific to the Access to Essential Services Award
- The application is presented by a non-profit organisation (research institute, training institute, association, etc.). It cannot be awarded to one single person.
- The project is supported or developed locally in collaboration with a public organisation (local authority, decentralised government service, etc.).
Selection criteria specific to the Social Entrepreneurship Award
- The candidature is presented by a social entrepreneur
- The project is locally supported or developed in collaboration with local stakeholders
The Fondation SUEZ and the Institut de France accompany the promotion and dissemination of the winning innovations:
- The awards will be given to the 2 winning organisations during an official ceremony in Paris, in June 2020
- Winning projects will be published on the websites and social media of the Fondation SUEZ, SUEZ, and of the Institut de France
- These innovations can be presented during international events on water, sanitation and managing and treating waste
How to participate?
Applications are made in two stages:
- Pre-selection: return the application form before December 15, 2019. Between the 15th and the 30th of January 2020, candidates are informed of their pre-selection or not. Shortlisted candidates will receive complete application file, which is more detailed than the first form.
- Selection: return the application file before 28 February 2020.
The forms are to return:
- by email at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by mail at SUEZ-Institut de France Awards, 23 quai de Conti - 75006 Paris, France
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd