Applications Invited from University of Zurich for Mobility Grants
Organization: University of Zurich
Apply By: 31 Jan 2020
Grant Amount: 1714 USD
About the Organization:
University of Zurich located in the city of Zurich, is the largest university in Switzerland. The university offers the widest range of subjects and courses of any Swiss higher education institution
In collaboration with the Oeuvre St.-Justin Fribourg and the Solidarity Fund for Foreign Students, the North-South Cooperation of the University of Zurich (UZH) is awarding up to three grants per semester for mobility students from universities in the Global South
The grants can be used to study one or two semesters at UZH during the academic year 2020-21.
Grants are only awarded if a professor at UZH guarantees supervision and has a strong interest in working with the mobility student’s home university.
About the Grant:
The grant is available for the following pre-defined periods:
- The grant period for students studying a full academic year at UZH is 1 September 2020 to 30 June 2021
- The periods for students studying one semester at UZH are 1 September 2020 to 31 January 2021 and 1 February 2021 to 30 June 2021.
Monthly allowance to cover living costs, study materials, administrative fees, visa fees and insurance costs:
- For students in a Master’s degree program: CHF 1400 (CHF 900 granted by the Solidarity Fund; CHF 500 granted by the Oeuvre St.-Justin Fribourg)
- For PhD students: CHF 1700 (CHF 1200 granted by the Solidarity Fund; CHF 500 granted by the Oeuvre St.-Justin Fribourg)
- Accommodation in a single room with shared bathroom is offered free of charge at Justinus Haus Zürich
Please note: The Grant does NOT cover travel expenses. The host institute at UZH is expected to cover the mobility student's costs for a flight to and from Switzerland.
- The supervisor during the grant period must be a professor at UZH.
- The mobility student must be enrolled as a Master’s degree student or PhD student at an accredited and state-approved university in one of the countries listed here (PDF, 86 KB) during the planned stay at UZH.
- Age limit: for insurance reasons, only applications from students born in 1978 or younger can be taken into account.
- Collaboration between the institute of the supervising UZH professor and the mobility student's home institution must already be established.
- Research collaborations must comply with the Guide for Transboundary Research Partnerships set down by the Swiss Commission for Research with Developing Countries (KFPE).
- Supervising UZH professor’s interest in collaborating with the mobility student’s home university
- Compatibility of the mobility student’s research project and/or study plan with the activities of the host institute
- Potential for long-term collaboration and follow-up activities between the host and the home institution
- Academic achievement of the mobility student
- Motivation of the mobility student for applying for the grant and for choosing UZH
- In case of applications of equal merit, the proposals from UZH host institutes that have not yet profited from this funding instrument shall be taken into account.
Application Procedure and Submission Deadline:
- The supervisor at your home institution and the supervisor at UZH agree that you will come to UZH for one or two semester as a mobility student. Together with your supervisors at UZH and your home institution, you specify the content of your project during that time. You have a letter of invitation outlining these details from the supervisor at UZH.
- Fill in the application form on the Mobility Online Platform: The link to the platform will by published by end of November.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your login name and password for the application portal: The link to the platform will follow by end of November.
- There you can upload the application documents listed below.
- Your application will be assessed by the International Relations Office and the Steering Committee of the North-South Cooperation.
Applications for the academic year 2020/21 must be submitted by 31 January 2020. The decision on awarding the grants will be announced by the end of March 2020.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd