Applications invited for Global Innovation Challenge - Digital Solutions
Organization: British Council
Apply By: 10 Jan 2020
Grant Amount: 20000 Pound
About the Organization:
British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. They create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. They do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries they work with - changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
About the Grant:
#IdeasChangeLives is their global innovation challenge to find digital solutions to some of the world’s greatest problems. They’re looking for people with a fresh, entrepreneurial spirit and a big idea that has the potential to make a positive impact for communities across the globe.
Things to think about:
They’re looking for thoughtful, creative and unusual digital solutions. So, even if you only have the very seed of an idea, as long as you have given it real thought, applications are encouraged.
To help, they recommend thinking carefully about the following before you apply:
- The need your idea addresses - be clear about which one of The Global Goals you are focusing on and the problem your idea could help to solve.
- How people will benefit - tell us why your idea matters to the people it is designed for and how it has the potential to positively impact thousands of lives.
- Why it’s compelling - they need to feel that you really care about making a difference so tell us the story behind your idea.
- The competition - show us you have a clear understanding and awareness of any competitors who may be working on similar products and tell us why your idea is different.
- The tools and resources needed to turn it into a product - it doesn’t matter if you haven’t worked with technology before. What does matter is a clear understanding of how your idea will work in the real world.
What you'll get:
Funding to get your idea off the ground- £20,000 in prize money to develop your product, no matter what stage you’re at
Support to help you succeed- Their team of digital experts will help you to develop your idea at your own pace. They’ll give you the opportunity to connect with others and develop further partnerships through access to global networks, events and sector expertise.
Mentorship for a full year- They tailor our support to suit you. You’ll get access to on-going mentorship from the British Council plus advice from subject matter experts on how to potentially grow and scale-up your idea.
- Applications are now open until 10 January 2020
- In February 2020, we will announce our shortlisted applicants. They will be asked to make a short video and develop a business model to showcase their idea.
- In March 2020, we will announce our finalists who will then be interviewed by our judging panel. The panel will be made up of industry experts and representatives from the British Council’s Digital, Partnerships and Innovation team.
- Competition winners will be announced in March 2020.
For any questions about Ideas Change Lives, email at: IdeasChangeLives@britishcouncil.org
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd