Applications invited for Next Generation of Social Innovators
Organization: The Rockefeller Foundation
Apply By: 15 Oct 2019
Grant Amount: 20000 USD
About the Organization:
The Rockefeller Foundation’s mission is to promote the well-being of humanity throughout the world. The Foundation advances new frontiers of science, data, policy, and innovation to solve global challenges related to health, food, power, and economic mobility. The Rockefeller Foundation seeks to inspire and foster large-scale human impact that promotes the well-being of humanity by identifying and accelerating breakthrough solutions, ideas and conversations.
About the Grant:
They are excited to launch a new global challenge platform for university students to come together and develop innovative solutions to problems associated with poverty: The Rockefeller Foundation-Acumen Student Social Innovation Challenge.
Through the Challenge, their organizations will share the lessons they’ve learned from decades of backing companies, leaders, and ideas with the next generation of social innovators as they explore areas of opportunity, develop ideas of their own, and launch social ventures.
1) The first track is for students enrolled at universities that offer these four existing social innovation competitions:
- Big Ideas
- Fowler Global Social Innovation Competition
- Innovation in Action
- MIT IDEAS Global Challenge
2) The second track is new, for students enrolled at all other universities around the world - their own Virtual Challenge. The Fall Virtual Challenge kicks off on October 15th with a 6-week Lean Startup course offered by +Acumen. Through this course and a series of virtual Learning Labs, students will develop the skills they need to plan, launch, and scale a successful venture.
Phase 1 - All Participants: Register for Lean Start-up and Submit Your Idea
- Register for the Lean Start-up online course before October 15, 2019
- Complete the course and submit your social venture idea before November 26, 2019
- Top teams will be invited to join the Student Social Enterprise Accelerator
Phase 2 - Finalists: Student Social Enterprise Accelerator
- Our online Student Social Enterprise Accelerator will begin on January 27, 2020
- Develop your idea with one-on-one coaching, peer mentoring, and case studies
- Pitch your social venture to a panel of judges before March 13, 2020
Phase 3 - Winners: Receive Funding and Join the Community of Social Innovators
- Winning teams will receive up to $20,000 from a funding pool of $100,000
- Winners will also be invited to join Acumen’s Community of Social Innovators to receive on-going support from a network of Acumen Fellows, social entrepreneurs, and change-makers
For more information please click the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd