Applications invited for Research Development Awards in Humanities, Social Science and Bioethics
Apply By: 03 Mar 2020
Grant Amount: 1000000 Pound
About the organization
Wellcome exists to improve health by helping great ideas to thrive. They support researchers, they take on big health challenges, they campaign for better science, and they help everyone get involved with science and health research. Wellcome directly funds thousands of scientists and researchers around the world at every step of the way from discovery to impact. Their funding schemes offer grants across biomedical science, population health, medical innovation, humanities and social science, and public engagement.
About the Grant
These awards are for groups of researchers who want the time and resources to shape the direction of their future work. The development programmes will lay the foundation for research that takes risks and pushes academic boundaries.
- Career stage: Leading a research programme: For researchers with a PhD or the equivalent, and significant postdoctoral research experience
- The applicant can apply for a Research Development Award if one is a part of an emerging or established research group working in health-related humanities, social sciences or bioethics.
- The applicant’s research group (for example a cluster, centre or department) can be in one discipline, interdisciplinary, or focused on a theme or issue.
The research development programme your proposal must:
- lead to a significant and sustainable research agenda that takes risks and pushes academic boundaries
- develop the careers of the people in your research group
- build a diverse and collaborative research community.
- As lead applicant, one must have experience of running a research programme or network, or of delivering complex projects.
- One must have at least one co-applicant and no more than six. The number of co-applicants should be appropriate to your proposed activities. These researchers can be at any career stage.
- Each applicant must have a permanent, open-ended or long-term rolling contract, or the guarantee of one. Your salary must be paid by your host organisation.
- Applicant and co-applicants can be based at the same organisation or at different organisations (for example a research collaboration between two universities).
- Organisations can be of any size, based anywhere in the world.
- As a group, one should have a good track record of attracting research funding, though not necessarily from Wellcome.
- A Research Development Award is up to £1 million and lasts for three to five years.
- The award covers the costs of running your research development programme.
- They encourage you to think creatively about what you'll need to achieve the aims of your grant.
- research/teaching replacement
- materials and consumables
- research management and support costs
- conference and meeting costs
- travel and subsistence
- overseas allowances
- inflation allowance
- open access charges
- clinical research costs
- other costs
Not included -
- Large research projects
- Capital costs.
- Information sessions: September to November 2019
- Preliminary applications deadline: 3 March 2020, 17:00 GM
Location of host organisation: Anywhere in the world
Level of funding: Up to £1 million
Duration of funding: 3 to 5 years
How to Apply
Online preliminary application forms will be available on Grant Tracker in October 2019.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd