Applications invited for Student Media Grant Program (SMGP)
Organization: Center on Conflict and Development
Apply By: 31 Oct 2019
Grant Amount: 5000 USD
About the Organization:
Center on Conflict and Development at Texas A&M University works to improve the effectiveness of development programs and policies for conflict-affected and fragile countries through multidisciplinary research and education
About the Grant:
ConDev’s Student Media Grants award up to $5,000 to current students interested in capturing conflict-related issues facing fragile and conflict-affected areas of Latin America through stunning photography and/or videography. This photojournalism grant is funded by the Howard G. Buffett Foundation Chair on Conflict and Development.
- Students (undergraduate and graduate) from around the world are encouraged to apply, but projects must be conducted in Latin America.
- The 2020 application period begins Sept 1, 2019
- Students should choose an international development area that reflects issues of food insecurity, health, education, land tenure, poverty, migration, school violence, or other conflict-related issues facing people in fragile and conflict-affected nations in Latin America.
- Read more about the grant and see examples of previous grant projects here: Student
1)The program is Open to University Students Worldwide (undergraduate, graduate or PhD) wishing to conduct photojournalism projects in Latin America. Proposals for other areas of the world will not be considered.
2)Students should submit proposals that will describe their expected travel, research and photographic subjects. They should choose an international development area that reflects issues of food insecurity, health, education, land tenure, poverty, or other issues facing people in fragile and conflict-affected nations in Latin America.
3)During their experience, students will be required to accomplish the following:
- Show three-month engagement (minimum) with international development issues through extension activities, internships, student research, etc.
- Write a series of blog postings for the ConDev Blog during their experience and a final report or blog
- Document their chosen subjects through photo and/or video journalism that draws attention to conflict and development issues
- Publish or exhibit the results of their work in a form of refereed media
- September 1, 2019: APPLICATION OPENS! You can start e-mailing your finished proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline: October 31, 2019 by 11:59pm CST
- November-December 2019: Review Period – please be patient as we review your incredible proposals!
- January 31, 2020: Notification Period (approximate)
- Funding disbursement depends on travel timeline. Most funds will be disbursed 1-2 months prior to traveling.
- February-December 2020: Grant winners travel and implement their photojournalism projects and submit their work to ConDev
Proposals should be submitted as a Microsoft Word Document to email@example.com with “Student Media Grant: [Name of Student]” as the subject line, with any samples attached. Only one proposal can be submitted per student.
Deadline: Oct 31, 2019
For more information please click the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd