Applications invited for Transformation Accelerating Grants
Organization: Swiss Programme for Research on Global Issues for Development
Apply By: 18 Oct 2019
Grant Amount: 1431024 USD
About the organization
The Swiss Programme for Research on Global Issues for Development (r4d programme) is a joint funding initiative by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF). The r4d programme supports research aimed at solving global problems with a focus on least developed, low and middle income countries.
About the Grant
The r4d programme launches the Call for “Transformation accelerating grants (TAGs)” that allow teams of r4d researchers and non-academic stakeholders (e.g. policy makers, the private sector, development practitioners) to make use of the knowledge, tools and technologies developed within r4d projects through translation and implementation initiatives.
Objective of the grant
Transformation accelerating grants (TAGs) focus on co-creation, social learning, technology transfer and transformative actions with the ultimate aim to accelerate transformation towards sustainable development and reduce poverty in countries of Africa, Asia and Latin America.
TAGs shall test, validate, accelerate or facilitate the uptake and utilisation of research findings from an r4d project on a local or national scale in r4d partner countries or on an international scale. A TAG budget can be up to CHF 100’000 to be used over a period of maximal 12 months.
- Only teams composed of one main applicant and at least one project partner are eligible to apply for a Transformation accelerating grant (TAG).
- The main applicant is a researcher based at a Swiss research institution who is/was involved in the respective r4d project as PI or Co-PI.
- At least one project partner is a non-academic person (i.e. working at a government agency, a NGO, a think tank, or in the private sector) and provides substantial conceptual as well as practical input for the implementation of the project in the respective country.
- In principle, at least one project partner must be based at an institution in the global South (i.e. in a partner country of the r4d programme). Exceptions are possible and have to be justified.
- Further non-academic and academic project partners from any r4d partner country (including Switzerland) can be part of the applying team.
Award Amount: A total budget of CHF 1.4 million is available for TAGs
How to Apply
Deadline for submission of proposals in the first TAG Call: 18 October 2019, 17.00 (CET)
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd