Applications invited for UKRI-GCRF Sustainable Energy and International Development
Organization: UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)
Apply By: 11 Jul 2019
Grant Amount: 1500000000 Pound
Grant title: Applications invited for UKRI-GCRF Sustainable Energy and International Development
Deadline: 11th July 2019
On behalf of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), ESRC, NERC and Innovate UK are pleased to invite applications for the ‘UKRI-GCRF Sustainable Energy and International Development: Beyond Technology’ call. Funding has been allocated from the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF), which is a £1.5 billion fund to support cutting-edge research and innovation which addresses the problems faced by developing countries.
Background and scope
The Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) is a key component in the delivery of the UK Aid Strategy: tackling global challenges in the national interest. The fund aims to ensure that
UK research and innovation takes a leading role in addressing the problems faced by developing countries through:
- Challenge-led disciplinary and interdisciplinary research
- Strengthening capacity for research and innovation within both the UK and developing countries
- Providing an agile response to emergencies where there is an urgent research need.
The Collective Programme under the UKRI GCRF Collective Fund is a series of calls designed to enhance the coherence, strategic focus and overall impact across the six strategic GCRF Challenge portfolios:
- Cities and Sustainable Infrastructure
- Food Systems
- Global Health
- Resilience to Environmental Shocks and Change
- Security Protracted Conflict, Refugee Crises and Forced Displacement
With one billion people still lacking access to electricity, research on sustainable energy and international development has become a global priority, and research funders have supported various multiple initiatives, including:
- EPSRC’s GCRF ‘Resilient and Sustainable Energy Networks for Developing Countries’ grants, a £5.5 million investment primarily focused on technology development.
- A variety of DFID research programmes, including the £65 million Transforming Energy Access programme, the £19 million Modern Energy Cooking Services programme and the £15 million Energy and Economic Growth programme.
- The European Union’s PRE-LEAP-RE programme which is in the process of developing a European Joint Programme (EJP) that will set the foundation for future
Proposals are invited from research organisations (ROs) eligible for UKRI funding across the UK. Proposals may be submitted by individuals who are not established members of the proposed host institution. In these circumstances, by submitting the proposal the RO confirms that it guarantees to provide facilities for the applicant as if an established member of staff for the duration of the grant. The lead organisation will be responsible for the overall management of the grant including control, disbursement and assurance of funds, including financial reporting of funds going overseas.
Full proposals should be submitted via the Joint Electronic Submission system (Je-S) by 16:00 UK time on 11 July 2019.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd