Applications invited for UNESCO Hamdan Prize
Apply By: 31 Oct 2019
Grant Amount: 300000 USD
About the Organization:
UNESCO is the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. It seeks to build peace through international cooperation in Education, the Sciences and Culture. UNESCO's programmes contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals defined in Agenda 2030, adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2015.
About the Grant:
The UNESCO-Hamdan bin Rashid Al-Maktoum Prize for Outstanding Practice and Performance in Enhancing the Effectiveness of Teachers was created in 2008 to support the enhancement of teaching and learning quality in achieving the Education for All goals, which is one of UNESCO’s priorities.
The Prize is awarded every two years to three winners whose projects aim at improving the performance and effectiveness of teachers worldwide. The Prize, generously supported by H.H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum of the United Arab Emirates, amounts to UD $ 300 000, which is equally divided between the three winners.
- Candidates may be individuals representing institutions or organizations; international or national governmental or non-governmental organizations (NGOs); educational or research institutions and local/national/regional communities.
- Applications are not opened to individuals
About the Nominating body:
- Nominating bodies may be governments of Member States, in consultation with their National Commissions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) maintaining official partnerships with UNESCO.
- A nominating body may nominate and recommend up to 5 candidates for the Prize.
- Applications received before the deadline is reviewed by the Screening panel, which will eliminate non-eligible candidates and transmit accepted applications to the International Jury of the Prize.
- The International Jury meets in Dubai (United Arab Emirates) to select the Prize winners.
- Prizes are awarded to winners during an official ceremony organized at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris on the occasion of World Teachers’ Day (October 2020)
How to Apply?
1) Applications may be submitted in two ways:
- A candidate shall ask a nominating body to send its application to UNESCO;
- A nominating body may initiate the process of nominating a candidate and send the application to UNESCO.
2) A candidate shall be nominated by no more than one nominating body.
3) Applications must be written either in English or in French only.
4) Unsolicited applications are not taken into consideration/self-nominations cannot be considered.
The application must contain:
- The nomination form filled by the nominating body (using the appropriate form)
- The application form completed by the candidate (using the appropriate form)
- Accompanying/supporting materials (in English or French
Both application and nomination forms can be downloaded from UNESCO’s website: www.unesco.org/new/hamdan-prize or Hamdan Foundation website: www.ha.ae. Applications should be sent only electronically to email@example.com with the mention in the subject” UNESCO-Hamdan Prize application” by 31 October 2019 (midnight, Paris time)
For more information please click the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd