EOI Invited from Consulting Firms for establishment of an ICT Services Agency (ISA) for MoRD
Organization: Ministry of Rural Development, GoI
Apply By: 15 Sep 2019
The Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Government of India (GoI) has been implementing DAY-NRLM since June, 2011. The Mission aims at eliminating rural poverty by promoting self-employment and skill-based wage employment for the rural poor. The Mission seeks to achieve its objective by creating institutional platforms of the rural poor viz., the selfhelp groups and their federations, which are expected to mediate the livelihoods of the poor.
NRLM has set out with an agenda to reach out and mobilize seventy million poor households into self-managed Self Help Groups (SHGs) and their federations and livelihood collectives. In addition, the poor would be supported to achieve enhanced access to their rights, entitlements and public services. In order to promote skill-based wage employment, DAYNRLM has a focused subcomponent viz., Deendayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY). DDU-GKY has the mandate of skilling and promotion of wage and selfemployment opportunities to rural youth.
Broad Scope of Work of the ISA
DAY-NRLM and DDUGKY involves multiple stakeholders need a strong ICT Services Agency and governance structure for the efficient program design, implementation, operation and continued improvement of the project to achieve their vision and objectives. Day-to-day monitoring of development & implementation, time schedule monitoring, measurement of parameters against baselines, communications and issue resolution, risk assessment and performing / advising on mitigation, testing, dry-run and operationalization are some of the key factors impacting successful implementation. It is critical that the MoRD and the Implementation Agencies (IA) through the ISA, enable collaborative strategic support, project planning, co-ordination amongst stakeholders, problem escalation and resolution, oversight of software development, hardware deployment, operations monitoring, milestone achievement and payment. The success of the projects thus to a large extent shall depend on the ICT Services Agency (ISA). The ISA is intended to provide support to the office of JS(RL) and JS (Skills).
The ISA is expected to perform the following set of activities:
- Strategic Support - The primary strategic direction in line with project vision shall be defined by MoRD. The ISA shall bring in the bottom up knowledge to ensure proper decision making with respect to the projects as it is expected that the ISA shall be wellversed in the design, implementation and operational issues of e-Governance projects.
- Support NRLM MIS Cell – The ISA is expected to provide support to NRLM MIS cell in design, development, testing and implementation of web-based and android based applications in addition to preparation of FRS and SRS for the required applications to be developed and customization of existing applications.
- Implementation Management - The ISA shall be responsible for all aspects related to implementation, monitoring of the ongoing projects with respect to delivery of solutions including review of all related solution development and implementation documents and its proper deployment by the solution vendors during the implementation phase.
- Project Operational Management- The ISA shall perform various operational management activities such as monitoring, uptake by the stakeholders, handholding of key stakeholders, SLA management as well as coordination with vendors and other key stakeholders
- Back Office support - ISA is expected to provide support to MoRD in various other backoffice services
MoRD now invites Expression of Interest from the prospective consulting firms to provide ICT Services by setting up of ICT Support Unit manned with experienced and results oriented professionals to supervise, provision of technical assistance and management of various ICT initiatives of DAY-NRLM and DDU-GKY.
Short Listing Criteria
- The Consulting Firm must be incorporated or registered in India under the Indian Companies Act, 1956/2013 (including Section – 25 of the Act), the Partnership Act 1932 or the LLP Act 2008. The Consulting Firm should have been in existence for a period of at least 3 years as of 31-3-2018 and as evidenced by duly signed copies of their yearly statutory filings with relevant statutory authority.
- The Consulting Firms should not be blacklisted by any Central Government Ministry in India
- The Consulting Firm should have an average annual turnover of Rs.4.00 Crore in the last three financial years (FY 15-16,16-17 and 17-18) from e-Governance/ ICT services Program Design & Management Services, provided for Indian Government / State Government department/ agencies. Only the turnover from E-Governance/ICT services will be considered.
- The Consulting Firm shall have executed OR is executing (each project quoted as reference should be at least 1 year old), at least 3 ICT Program Management Units for Central / State Government departments or agencies in last 3 financial years (as on 31 March 2018) each with a value of more than 2 crores. Firms with more experience, qualitatively and quantitatively shall be given preference.
- Firm should have at least 50 fulltime IT Consulting services professionals on the Firm’s role
- The Firm or its associate firm for[H1] this assignment should have or should be ready to establish within 1 month of signing of contract, an office within the limits of National Capital Region (NCR) of Delhi with a team of IT employees capable of development, design, implementation and supporting an IT system similar to that required in this REOI/ToR.
- Consulting firm may associate with other firms for delivery of services but the contract shall be only with the Prime Consulting Firm. A Joint Venture (JV) is not allowed.
Further information can be obtained through email addressed to email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com in 10 days of publication of advertisement in the CPP Portal. All queries need to be through email. No queries by phone or in person.
Expression of Interest must be delivered in a written form in hard copy and a CD. All documents including all the pages of the proposal shall be signed by the duly authorized signatory. In-complete
EOIs or by email will not be considered. The envelope and CD must be clearly superscripted as “Expression of Interest for establishment of ICT Services Agency” with name, address and contact details of the firm. Also, you are kindly requested to submit the filled up information in the formats available in this document and deliver the same through Registered Post/ Speed Post/ Courier/ By Hand on or by 15 day of publishing of advertisement in the CPP Portal i.e 29/08/2019.
The EOIs and all other communications should be submitted in the following address.
Joint Secretary, Rural Skill
Ministry of Rural Development,
7th Floor, NDCC II Building, Jai Singh Road,
New Delhi 110 001, INDIA
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd