Organization: National Institue of Social Defence
Apply By: 31 Mar 2019
EOI title: EOI for the eligible NGOs and organisations for undertaking focussed Intervention Programmes under National action plan for Drug Demand Reduction during the financial year 2019-20
Deadline: 31st March 2019
Article 47 of the constitution provides that “The state shall regard the raising of the level of nutrition and the standard of living of its people and the improvement of public health as among its primary duties and in particular, the state shall endeavour to bring about prohibition of the consumption except for medicinal purpose of intoxicating drinks and of drugs which are injurious to health”
The target group is mainly vulnerable adolescents and youth in the community in the selected district.
- Outreach activities in the community among young vulnerable population for community mapping and assessment.
- Identification and training of youth as peer educators to lead peer led community intervention
- Behavioural change communication sessions for community by peer educators
- Individual and group counselling
- Screening and assessment of clients on substance use disorder
The following strategies would be adopted under this programme:
- The peer educators will focus on creating awareness among the community members on prevention of drug abuse.
- The peer educators will be supported by coordinator and trainer adequately trained in the delivery of evidence-based early prevention interventions on drug use.
- Render psychosocial interventions including educational sessions on ill effects of drug use, risk assessment on drug use among youth and linkage for treatment and rehabilitation
Expected Outcomes of the Project:
- The project will train about 20 youth to be peer educators in the community
- The project will reach out to vulnerable drug users in the vicinity of the proposed centre
- All drug users and vulnerable adolescents and youth in a community will be equipped with information and education on harmful effects of drug use.
Funds would be transferred to the National Institute of Social Defence (NISD), an Autonomous Institute under the Ministry for further disbursement to eligible agencies/ organizations on the basis of procedure prescribed by the Ministry from time to time.
The interested NGO/organizations shall refer to the website of the Ministry of social justice & empowerment (www.socialjustice.nic.in)
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd