RFP Invited Action Plan for Strengthening Capacities of the Nodal Institutions to implement climate informed MGNREGS programme
Apply By: 27 Nov 2019
Title - RFP Invited for Action Plan for Strengthening Capacities of the Nodal Institutions to implement climate informed MGNREGS programme in the States of Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and Uttar Pradesh
Context of the Requirement
UNDP and DFID have entered into a partnership to implement the Infrastructure for Climate Resilient Growth (ICRG) – Extended Phase, to be implemented in three States Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan. The ICRG project is primarily aimed at integrating climate concerns into the MGNREGS activities – piloting them at grass root level and building capacity of various stakeholders in the planning/ implementing value chain.
The current phase of ICRG (January 2016 - February 2020), implemented across three (3) States – Bihar, Odisha and Chhattisgarh, has had a number of successes in terms of developing tools and capacities to strengthen the quality and productivity of infrastructure built under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) for resilient livelihoods through ground water recharge, micro-irrigation, soil and water conservation and plantations.
The ICRG Extended phase of three years (March 2020 – Feb 2023) aims to expand the project in other States for building climate resilience of poor communities living in rural areas – through strengthening and deepening the integration of climate risk information into decision planning tools and process across development programmes in these States.
Brief Description of the Required Services
The ICRG project mandate is that of including climate concerns in MGNREGS implementation. The overall objective of the assignment is to assess institutional, technical and functional capacity gaps and training needs of the nodal institutions (and other key stakeholders as identified during initial State level consultations) for effective planning, implementation and monitoring of a ‘climate resilient’ MGNREGS programme in the four target States of the ICRG Extended Phase: Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan.
List and Description of Expected Outputs to be Delivered
- Inception report, providing a detailed work plan, methodology, key information sources to be used, and institutions / organizations to be consulted in undertaking the task
- Situation Analysis Report along with stakeholder interview analysis and gap analysis
- Draft Capacity Assessment and Action plan
- Final Action Plan with training needs, Capacity Development Plan and recommendations
Criteria for Essential Eligibility/Qualification
- The service provider must have a minimum 5 years of proven national/ international level experience and expertise on issues related to environment, climate change and rural livelihoods.
- The service provider should have experience in conducting organizational/institutional capacity assessments – the agency should have completed at least two assignments on capacity assessment and preparation of a capacity development strategy/plan during the last 5 years.
- The service provider should have hands-on experience on working with the State Governments on Environment & climate change issues (at least two State Governments); and planning processes at the national and state level.
Criteria for the Assessment of Proposal
Technical Proposal (70%)
- Expertise and experience of the organization in conducting organizational/institutional capacity assessments processes and development of action plans for strengthening capacities of State level institutions (30 marks)
- Methodology, its Appropriateness to the Condition and Timeliness of the Implementation Plan (20 marks)
- Qualification and experience of Team Leader in designing capacity development programs for climate change and/or rural development (10 marks)
- Qualification and experience of Key Team Members in respective fields (10 marks)
Financial Proposal (30%)
To be computed as a ratio of the proposal’s offer to the lowest price among the proposals received by UNDP
Who can apply
- Proposals are invited from the institutions/organizations only.
- Proposal submitted by Individuals will not be accepted.
Deadline - 27th November 2019
For e-portal login click on the given link: https://etendering.partneragencies.org
Event ID - # IND10 0000004862
Contact Person for Inquiries (Written inquiries only) Surjit Singh, Procurement Unit email@example.com
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd