RFP Invited for Conducting Solid Waste Management Exposure Workshops
Organization: National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
Apply By: 23 Sep 2019
About the Organization:
National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is a premier institute for research, capacity building and dissemination of knowledge for the urban sector in India. It conducts research on urbanization, urban policy and planning, municipal finance and governance, land economics, transit oriented development, urban livelihoods, environment & climate change and smart cities.
About the Program:
Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) was launched by Honorable Prime Minister of India on October 2, 2014. The main objectives of SBM urban are to address both elimination of open defecation and Solid Waste Management in all Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) of the country by 2019
MoEFCC has drafted the Solid Waste Management Rules, 2016 and made citizens more accountable for their actions. It requires them to be more responsible towards their environment by reducing generation of waste. It also encourages segregating what they generate into various categories and handing them over as such to door to door waste collectors. This promotes different categories of waste to be reused, reprocessed and recycled rather than being dumped first on the roadside and thereafter outside the cities. MoHUA published a Solid Waste Management manual for implementing SWM Rules in 2016. This document has incorporated necessary specifications and actions for implementation in cities.
NIUA has been supported by MoHUA to implement the above mentioned initiative. Phase IV targets to:
- Orient and train ULB officials in charge of Solid Waste Management through 40 city cluster workshops. Each city cluster workshop aims to train 40 participants from 20 ULBs in 9 cluster of cities in different states, thereby training 800 ULBs in the country. These workshops would be conducted in 26 locations, spread all over India.
- Orient and train elected representatives in charge of Solid Waste Management through 10 Workshops with each workshop comprising 40 participants in 8 locations.
The main objectives of the workshops are:
- To recognize the issues, challenges and constraints of SWM
- To understand the Solid Waste Management Rules, 2016
- To be aware of the various approaches, technologies and their financial implications
- To plan to implement solutions in their city
- To achieve capacity building of ULB staff for implementing the plans
- Sensitization on Swachh Survekshan 2020
RFPs are invited from reputed Training Entities (TEs) / Training Institutions (TIs) for conducting the above mentioned:
- 40 city cluster workshops for ULBs officials in 26 locations spread all over India which has been clubbed into 9 city clusters. Please refer Annexure- I
- 10 workshops for elected representatives in 8 locations spread all over India which has been clubbed into 3 clusters. Please refer Annexure- I
No financial proposal is required to be submitted as the selection is based only on technical proposal.
- Total Marks for Key Personnel: Three Solid Waste Management Experts with more than 5 year of experience in the Solid Waste Management Sector and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH)
- Experience of experts: Experience higher than 8 years; Experience between 5-8 years
- Experience of experts in SWM related survey/studies/implementation: >5 projects; 3-5 projects; <3 projects
- Experience of experts in WASH related survey/studies/implementation: >5 projects; <5 projects
- Total Marks for Organization: Organization should have completed at least 5 capacity building workshops in last three years which includes at least 3 workshops on Solid Waste Management.
- Understanding the ToR (Methodology and Approach) 20% 20
- Schedule of workshop and site selection
Regarding Submission of Proposal:
In case of any clarification regarding the RFP please contact via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. Interested TEs/TIs are requested to submit the technical proposal by September 23, 2019 by 3:00 pm to the following address: Director National institute of Urban Affairs 1st, Core 4B, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi, Delhi 110003
The outer envelope containing proposal should be marked clearly as “For Conducting Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) Solid Waste Management Exposure Workshops Phase IV (2019 – 20)’’
Please note that the soft copy of the proposal should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before the last date and by submission of hard copy with page numbers and original signatures and seals. Applications will not be accepted without a technical proposal.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd