RFP Invited for Development of innovative, interactive digital platform for producing and displaying evidence gap maps
Organization: International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie)
Apply By: 05 Dec 2019
Request for proposals: Development of innovative, interactive digital platform for producing and displaying evidence gap maps
Deadline for applications: 5 December 2019, 23:59 GMT
About the Organization:
International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) is an international grant-making NGO promoting evidence-informed development policies and programmes. They are the global leader in funding and producing and synthesizing high-quality evidence of what works, for whom, how, why and at what cost. They believe that better policy-relevant evidence will make development more effective and improve people’s lives.
Summary of this request for proposals
3ie evidence gap maps (EGMs) are thematic collections of impact evaluations and systematic reviews, two types of research that 3ie produces and makes publicly available on its website. They present a visual overview of existing and ongoing studies or reviews in a sector or subsector in terms of the types of programmes evaluated and the outcomes measured. 3ie developed its first interactive EGM platform in 2015. One version is proprietary for displaying 3ie EGMs and one is a separate version that is available to approved users. This request for proposals (RFP) seeks applications from qualified, experienced digital developers who can create a new, more advanced and interactive platform that will also be digitally integrated, via the 3ie website, with the new 3ie evidence repository (which is the main source for all studies and reviews in any 3ie EGM).
Scope of Work:
This request for proposals (RFP) seeks applications from qualified, experienced digital developers who can create a new, more advanced and interactive EGM platform that fully meets our mapping platform needs (outlined in detail in Appendix A).
This project may be informed by current features and functionality of the existing platform, but the outcome of this project will be a new platform.
The new EGM platform will be integrated with the 3ie’s new Evidence Repository and will be part of the Evidence hub on the 3ie website. In the hub, the user will be able to select EGMs separately or access them via the evidence repository. The vendor will have to make sure that the EGM platform technologies fully align with the ones used in the evidence repository platform, which is currently under development. 2 3ie will provide the successful applicant with sufficient introduction to the repository platform, including the new admin for the repository.
The platform must be designed using open source software that is compliant with World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards, viewable in all popular web browsers running on Windows, OSX and Linux operating systems. The EGM platform must be developed using responsive design, be based on Web 3.0 attributes and, at a minimum, be automatically adaptive for use on smart phones and tablets.
Eligibility and Minimum Qualifications:
- Only legally registered companies or organisations are eligible to apply. Individuals or a consortium of individuals are not eligible to apply,
- The contracted vendor must be a reputable firm in the field of website design with a demonstrated record of relevant and successful projects. Relevant experience in working with academic, research or NGO online database applications will be given preference.
- The applicant must be able to assign a design and development relationship manager responsible for understanding 3ie’s current platform and our needs in detail and who will be responsive to 3ie communication within 24 hours.
- The vendor/firm must have sufficient expert staff on board and available to work on any 3ie contract from the time of signing. See also information below on project personnel.
How to apply:
3ie requests all eligible parties to submit their proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘3ie EGM platform development RFP’ included in the subject line. The deadline for submission of proposals is 5 December 2019 by 23:59 GMT. Only complete submissions meeting the eligibility requirements will be considered.
Eligible companies or organisations are required to include the following documents as part of their proposal package:
1. Technical proposal
The proposal shall not exceed 15 pages + appendices, containing at a minimum:
- A design section which clearly presents how the vendor will provide the required and desired elements described in in Appendix A of this document;
- An implementation plan which reflects the timeframe and milestones provided in Appendix B;
- A brief profile (maximum two pages) of the company or organisation focused on information relevant to this project;
- An appendix with project record which demonstrate experience delivering similar projects (including project title, type of project, type of client, location, duration from start of contract to final payment and total contract value); and
- CVs of essential project personnel.
2. Financial proposal
The financial proposal must include the following information:
- A budget with rates for all services provided, inclusive of all taxes or other applicable charges you will levy;
- A clear explanation of how work is charged; and
- A brief statement about how the services offer good value for money.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd