Apply By: 30 Apr 2019
SKF has its presence in India since 1923. SKF is a leading global supplier of products, solutions and services for rolling bearings, seals, mechatronics, services, and lubrication systems. ’SKF In India ‘having production facility and Pune, Bangalore, Haridwar, Mysore, and Ahmedabad.
SKF India Ltd under its Corporate social responsibility program, is implementing three flag ship programs:
- Youth Empowerment at SKF- YES
- SKF Sports Education Program- SSEP
- SKF Girls Scholarship Program- Udaan.
The SKF vision of CSR program is to create positive change in the life of communities neighbouring our operations and create meaningful difference from recipients’ perspective.
We are in process of identifying an NGO to run ASDC based two-wheeler program along with Added Modules from SKF. Following shall be criteria for NGO / University Selection NGO selection criteria.
- Should be having Section 12 A registration, 80G Registration more than 3 years.
- Experience in Automotive Skill development.
- Accreditation with ASDC will be added advantage, In case of NGO is not a accreditation with ASDS, SKF shall facilitate for the centre accreditation.
- NGO will be audited for due diligence for issues like capacity, expertise, Identity, Management, Transparency, Financial capability.
Program objective & Program Details:
Youth Empowerment at SKF- YES is started in 2015, with an objective of training youth through improved skills and knowledge on Automotive Maintenance and provide them with entrepreneur skills to become an entrepreneur. At present at India level we are having 6 centres and till date more than 1700+ direct beneficiaries are benefited through this program. These Beneficiaries are working in Auto OEM across
India or started own business in Automotive sector. The current locations of program are 1) Chinchwad Pune Maharashtra, 2) Kiwale Pune.3) Bommasandra Bangalore, Karnataka 4) Haridwar, Uttarakhand 5) Jorhat Assam.6) Ahmedabad. Gujrat. However, impact assessment is conducted for specific YES projects in Bangalore and Pune.
Beneficiaries: Underprivileged boys and girls from Urban and Rural areas. Age group 18 – 25 numbers.
- Certificate course on Automotive Service technician as Per ASDC curriculum.
- Three Month Two-wheeler program.
- Training for repair and maintenance of two wheelers of different makes.
- Full day training with lunch and refreshments.
- Residential programmes or bus pass facility for youth in rural areas.
- A combination of practical and theoretical training along with training for personality development, communication, customer service, goal setting and financial & business management skills.
- Employability or entrepreneurship training and support.
- Support of SKF Magic fund for start-up
Project Activity at various levels
Activity at Participant Level
- NGO’s team of Mobilizers scout for needy, low income group, boys or girl’s youths in community.
The first criterion for selection is willingness of the candidate and his family. The beneficiaries will undergo Three months of rigorous vocational training in automotive two-wheeler repair as per the ASDC. The program will additionally train students in personality, communication skills, customer service, goal setting, financing and Business Management skills, for the holistic development and growth. He will be trained on
Basic Entrepreneurship Skills
- During course 25 % classroom and 75% practical training is provided on 2W servicing and repair.
- Post training recruitment support and mentoring for further education Business is provided.
- All the refreshments like morning breakfast, lunch is provided to the students. For residential students, those who are from outstation, evening dinner and residential facility is provided. Along with training expenses, all the expenses like uniform, safety shoes, bag, training material is taken care by SKF.
Activity at Project Level
SKF along with NGO establishes a YES centre. This is established at either in the existing centre of partner or at new site. The site is selected based on mobilization pockets, connectivity.
Following infrastructure is a part of YES Centre
- Class rooms with LCD Projectors, white board, (Two numbers)
- Practical lab with cut section of Engine, vehicles
- Vehicles Two-Wheeler
- Computers with MS office, Internet, E learning, Apps.
- Canteen, Library, office area
Each centre has required experienced staffs such as ASDC trained trainers, Centre head, and counsellor/Community organiser.
Project expenses under CSR.
SKF shall arrange for equipments, for the centre. And shall fund for reimbursement of all expenses related to project.
Responsibility of NGO / University:
1. As a part of the Programme, NGO, either through itself or in cooperation with other allied training organisations, shall setup vocational training Centre and run the courses financed by SKF funds for unemployed and/or employed young people within their operational areas.
2. The NGO shall:
- impart training and practical sessions for the program participants through various faculties as per mutually agreed course syllabus between the Parties regarding Automobile Technician vocational and other related skills including personality development and management skills
- Will follow ASDC norms for Auto sector courses or any other certification body of OEM.
- Will administer the exams/ assessment including registration with self or ASDC agencies or any certification body,
- Implementation partner will further ensure that training contents will be free from religious teachings of any kind and will not be having any caste / ethnicity bias.
4. NGO will ensure deliverable as regards program effectiveness agreed between both the Parties as provided in Annexures of MOU.
5. SKF and Implementation partner will work together to increase the usability of centre with advanced equipment by arranging trainings for the participants from other training organisations.
Space Requirement from NGO / University
- NGO / University shall arrange for pre-constructed place for SKF, where the Automotive LAB will be made. The area of space should be enclosed with brickwork.
- Will make necessary infrastructure changes for classrooms, Labs, Workshops etc.
- Shall provide training rooms, office, Reception, cafeteria, Vehicle washing area in accordance with SKF’s guidelines
- Will arrange for Hostel for beneficiaries of YES program including breakfast dinner,
- Will arrange lunch for participants and faculty of the program.
- Will make all necessary arrangement like electricity, space, water, Necessary government registrations, licenses, approvals and permits etc.
Interested parties may share proposal in the format given in the TOR document.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchase Consultant for SKF India Limited
Contact No. 020-66112306 / 9225516263
To download the full ToR, click here
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd