RFP Invited from NGOs/CSR Implementation Agencies for Execution & Implementation of HCL Foundation’s Scholarship & Mentorship support initiative ‘My Scholar’
Organization: HCL Foundation
Apply By: 16 Sep 2019
HCL Foundation Invites Proposals from reputed NGOs/CSR Implementation Agencies for execution and implementation of HCL Foundation’s Scholarship & Mentorship support initiative ‘My Scholar’ under its flagship Employee Volunteering Program – Power of One, across various locations in India
RFP released by
Power of One – My Scholar
Date of RFP
Thursday, 22nd August 2019
Last date for submission
Monday, 16th September2019
Noida, Chennai, Lucknow, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Vijayawada, Madurai, Coimbatore, Nagpur, Pune
HCL Foundation (HCLF) was established in 2011 as the CSR arm of HCL Technologies. It is a value-driven not- for-proﬁt-organization, that strives to contribute towards national and international development goals, bringing about lasting positive impact in the lives of people, through long term sustainable programs. The foundation aims to alleviate poverty and achieve inclusive growth and development.
Presently HCL Foundation is implementing four flagship programs, namely HCL Samuday&HCL Grant – Rural Development initiatives, HCL Uday – an Urban Development Initiative and Power of 1 – HCL’s volunteer engagement program. Details for all these programs can be found on our website – www.hclfoundation.org
Recently, HCL Foundation has also introduced 3 new initiatives- Harit – the Green Spaces Initiative, Project Clean Noida, and the HCL Foundation Academy.
Link to Videos:
HCL Foundation Video – https://youtu.be/GW9oTI28BuQ
HCL Uday Video – https://youtu.be/hGlrFI7qlR0
Power of One
This Request for Proposal is with regards the ‘My Scholar’ initiative of HCL Foundation’s Flagship Employee Volunteering Program ‘Power of One’
Power of One
Power of One is HCL’s Powerful Employee Volunteering and Payroll-Giving Program aimed to inspire and engage HCL employees towards ‘giving back’ to communities around them. The program is strongly footed on the belief that every small contribution by each employee can go a long way in making a significant impact in the society. It is the contribution by each individual at HCL that powers Power of 1.
Broadly, there are two primary ways in which an HCLite can become part of the Power of One Initiative
A. Pay Roll Giving
In keeping with the spirit of volunteerism that guides all Power of One activities, the contributions are also voluntary in nature. Employees constantly updated about the impact of their contributions through mailers and campaigns and to encourage them to become a part of the voluntary Power of One (Po1) payroll giving program. At present, close to 38,000 HCLites in India are contributing Re. 1, 2 & 5 daily under this program.
B. Volunteerism – ‘Become A Community Champion”
HCL Foundation constantly seeks to create avenues where HCLites can volunteer some time to actually engage with the less privileged communities, understand their reality and contribute towards nation building by contributing to social causes of their choice. HCL employees are encouraged to devote just one hour, one day, one week towards community service.
About My Scholar
The My Scholar initiative is part of the Power of One program of HCL Foundation. The funds collected through Po1 are mapped towards this initiative. Along with that, employees also volunteer their time towards mentoring the scholars.
My Scholar is an inclusive step towards ensuring sustainable career development for students from weaker economic backgrounds. Under this initiative, HCL Foundation (the CSR arm of HCL Technologies) awards scholarships meritorious students each year. These students are the children of the HCL housekeeping, security & support staff or have been part of the HCL Foundation supported programs. The scholars selected under the My Scholar initiative are all high-achievers in their respective fields. They have big aspirations and dreams. While some are future IIT and IAS aspirants, some want to become scientists, doctors, entrepreneurs, chefs and academicians. All scholars are selected after a rigorous screening, shortlisting and due-diligence process by our partner NGOs.
The financial component of this scholarship is supported by HCL Foundation through the Power of One contribution of HCLites. Besides the financial component, the scholarship also includes a mentoring component. Motivated and dedicated HCL employees come forward and volunteer to mentor and support the scholars to achieve their dreams with support from our NGO partners.
Scope of Work:
The NGO/CSR Implementation Agency will be responsible for overall management, implementation and execution of the ‘My Scholar’ initiative under the supervision and guidance of HCL Foundation team. They will be expected to run the complete due-diligence and scholarship disbursal process which would include the following steps -
- Strategize and implement methods to conduct effective and mass outreach to prospective applicants across the locations mentioned. The applicants will be either the children of the support staff or the beneficiaries of HCL Foundation supported projects
- Conduct comprehensive assessment on applications received to identify and shortlist deserving and meritorious scholars for the Po1 scholarship. Assessment techniques may include desk research, interviews, profiling and written aptitude test.
- Facilitate linkages with Government / International / UN scholarships after thorough assessment of the pool of My Scholar applicants. The implementing agency must work closely with the concerned government departments to follow up on the scholarship applications and ensure that deserving candidates are able to avail the best possible scholarships
- Enable and increase the usage of web-based peer-learning platform developed by HCL Foundation to create a community of HCL Foundation scholars who would stay connected with their peers and alumnus even after graduating into professional lives. The platform allows scholars from across regions to interact and share their experiences with one another. This portal also contains curated academic content across a range of subjects for the scholars free of cost.
- The Implementing Agency should be able to develop detailed Profiles of the Scholars, communication material such as case studies, social media posts highlighting the journey and success of the scholars, create a rich pool of photographic evidences to capture the transformative impact of the scholarship and mentoring support
- Establish the broad architecture for HCL My Scholar Alumni Group which would allow scholars to stay connected after graduating from the program. This would ensure that scholars are able to leverage positive network effects from participating in the scholarship even later in their careers.
- Establish partnerships, liaison with the government and other agencies in order to develop effective channels for the enrichment of the skills of scholars
- Support in conducting and implementing sessions for empowering our scholars on skills such as communications (spoken English), quantitative and qualitative aptitude, CV writing, interview skills. The sessions to be conducted on a regular basis enriching the skills of the students
- Organize high quality coaching and mentoring support for scholars with experts in the field of their choice. The scholarships cover a range of fields such as academics, sports, arts, science. HCL Foundation also has a special scholarship for students with special needs which seeks to promote their talent and excellence in the discipline of their choosing
- Maintain a robust database of scholarship applicants and selected scholars along with all required due-diligence documents
- Ensure that every scholar has a bank account of their own and monitor the usage of the scholarship funds that are transferred to them to ensure it is utilized in the most effective manner
- Support in mobilizing and training of HCL volunteers interested in supporting the My Scholar program through skill-share sessions or long-term mentoring support
Mobilization to be done with HCL support in all HCL offices and project sites of HCL Uday across 11 locations. This would include reaching out to all students falling under the below eligibility criteria and identifying meritorious students from amongst the cohort -
- Students of Grade 8 and above who are part of HCL Uday projects – My School, Sports for Change &Gurukul
- Children of HCL Support staff across all locations
- Students with exceptional talent in arts, theatre, sports and children with special needs
Submission Details & Deadlines
- Please submit the complete proposals in the prescribed format latest by 16th September2019 to email@example.com marking cc to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Please send in your submissions with Subject Line in the given format: HCLF/RFP/MyScholar/
- Proposals must be submitted along with Budget and Gantt Chart ONLY in the formats shared on the link. HCL UDAY PROPOSAL FORMAT
- Proposals not shared in the given format are liable for rejection.
- Proposals received after the due date and time will not be considered.
- All enquiries regarding this RFP should be made by 13th September 2019 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the full ToR, click here
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd