Organization: National Legal Services Authority
Apply By: 18 Apr 2019
RFP title: Request for proposal for Evaluation and Impact assessment of practice and procedure of empanelment, capacity building, engagement and management of lawyers empanelled with Legal Services Authorities.
Deadline: 18th April 2019
Background and Context of Evaluation
Towards fulfilling the Preambular promise of securing to all the citizens, Justice – social, economic and political, Article 39 A of the Constitution of India provides for free legal aid to the poor and weaker sections of the society, to promote justice on the basis of equal opportunity. To achieve the said vision of Access to Justice, the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987 was enacted by the Parliament of India. It came into force on 9th November, 1995.
Objectives of Evaluation:
The main purpose of the evaluation exercise is to examine the existing institutional and operational framework with regard to the empanelment, capacity building, engagement and management of lawyers by Legal Services Authorities at various levels.
The evaluation exercise has five main objectives
- To evaluate the existing operational framework for selection and capacity building of panel lawyers
- To assess and evaluate the existing practices in management relating to engagement of panel lawyers in various legal services activities.
- To assess the responsiveness of panel lawyers to the legal needs of weaker and marginalised sections of society while engaged in Legal Services Clinics, Front Offices, campaigns and camps.
- The assess adequacy of existing monitoring and reporting mechanisms relating to panel lawyers.
- To assess their capabilities particularly with regard to court based legal services.
Scope of the Required Work:
The scope of the evaluation is closely related to the objectives mentioned above. The evaluation shall be conducted in about six districts to be selected out of 36 State Legal Services Authorities and also in about 4 High Court Legal Services Committees to be selected out of 36 HCLSCs. The evaluation shall particularly assess the following:
- Approach in selecting the panel lawyers.
- The factors which are kept in view for maintaining a panel of particular number of lawyers.
- The suitability of panel lawyers for outreach programmes.
- Approach in engaging them in court based legal services.
- Approach in ensuring and maintaining dedicated and committed panel of lawyers.
The Evaluators are expected to deliver the following:
The Report should objectively evaluate the relevance and the role of panel lawyers in delivery of legal services with specific findings and evidence.
The evaluation is also expected to assess the impact made by panel lawyers in meeting the legal needs of such sections of society.
Recommendations are expected to suggest course corrections, additions or any other improvements to the existing operational framework with regard to panel advocates. Recommendations on best practices followed by various legal services authorities and committees to further strengthen the rendering of legal services in a professional and competent manner through this human resource of panel lawyer.
Submission of Bids
- Bidder should log into the site well in advance for bid submission to enable him upload the bid in time i.e. on or before the bid submission time. Bidder will be responsible for any delay due to other issues.
- The bidder has to digitally sign the required bid documents and upload them one by one as indicated in the tender document
For more information please check the Link
For Corrigendum please click here
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd