RFP for Implementation of Plastic Recycling Management Programme: A Partnership” to be implemented in Bhubaneshwar
Apply By: 04 Dec 2019
RFP title: RFP for Implementation of Plastic Recycling Management Programme: A Partnership” to be implemented in Bhubaneshwar
Deadline: 4th December 2019
UNDP India in collaboration with Hindustan Coca Cola Beverages Pvt. Ltd. (HCCBPL), has initiated a project to minimize negative impacts and risks to environment and to human health in India, by enhancing sustainable Plastic Waste Management practices, through a socio-technical model (segregation/collection/recycling) while ensuring compliance with regulations, to improve use of resources and in line with Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) in India.
In this project the waste pickers (Safaii Mitras) are to be institutionalized within respective governance mechanisms and attain improved social conditions. Project’s targets at the end of period are, to better manage an amount more than 85,000 MT/year of plastic waste and to improve socio-economic conditions of 37,500 Safaii Mitras.
To achieve the project objective and outcomes, the project is structured into 4 components:
- Component 1: aims to develop support and implement an economically sustainable model (ESM) for packaging plastic waste management. This component focuses on developing and implementing the model at 50 selected cities in different States of India. It also entails support and active involvement of key stakeholders relevant to plastic waste management in urban areas in India for a holistic approach in convergence with the existing mechanisms and resources. This will also include an analysis of present regulatory mechanisms and practices followed, subject to relevance to ‘plastic waste’ in specific and current resources and technologies available as well as for creating an enabling environment, and covering under their umbrella the various kinds of plastic waste, including plastic bottles;
- Component 2: focuses on design and implementation of Pilot material recovery centres in cities (Swachhta Kendras) for improved plastic waste management, in the administrative wards of selected 50 cities. Sociotechnical approach is to be applied to combine improved technological development in handling, with the social aspects of waste collection and segregation. This component represents the core development of the project, since from its results; projections will be developed towards implementation in the entire city.
- Component 3: is directed mainly to design, sustain and provide elements to institutionalize Swacchta Kendra in governance bodies and to obtain improved socio-economic conditions for waste pickers. This is to be achieved by incorporation of the plastic waste management model, and its main stakeholder’s presence and importance, into urban local bodies at city, state and national levels; by obtaining Safaii Mitras’ activities recognition as a service to society, with the corresponding starting up of their mainstreaming; and by fostering and strengthening self-help groups for Safaii Mitra living improvements of their way of life;
- Component 4: is aimed to develop a knowledge management, monitoring and communication mechanisms, supported with the development and deployment of cloud-based technology backed end to end plastic waste management solutions; which will be based in in-built adoptive feedback system from project results at various stages along the entire duration of project.
Objectives of The Assignment
The selected Implementing partner (IP) is expected to:
- Facilitate implementation of activities in the areas of plastic waste management in the city of selection. The IP will be involved in day to day activities for setting up of the Material Recovery Centre, coordination with the local bodies for any necessary follow for project implementation, meeting the compliance requirement of the concerned authorities and day to day operation of the Material Recovery Centre. The partner will be ensuring segregation, collection and recycling plastic waste an get a transparent verifiable system of waste flow along the waste value chain as per table provided below.
- The partner will link all streams of dry waste to respective recyclers.
- Maintain good relations with primary stakeholders for sustainable implementation of activities using participatory and gender sensitive tools. Also, maintain good relationships with local and state authorities e.g. state pollution boards; urban local bodies, state environment departments etc and have an excellent track record with the waste collectors, related CBOs/NGOs, communities of practice in the community development, Behavior Change Communications (BCC) and Information, Education and Communications (IEC) processes and systems;
- Ensure a proper understanding of the cloud-based technology platforms provided by UNDP for management of solid waste/plastic waste.
- IP along with the Technical partner (to be selected by UNDP separately) plays a key role in the traceability, accountability and governance of the program. The technology platform with access to each type of stakeholder enables live project tracking and seamless data management across the board. (Technical partner will provide a dedicated on-field technology support staff for training, handholding and ensuring daily data recording on the apps / technology platform provided)
- Ensure proper monitoring for each activity at all levels and reporting back to the ULBs, UNDP project units as per required systems.
- IP maintains continuous links to different stakeholders and institutions, including directions and guidance from ULBs, UNDP and HCCBPL
Scope of Work
- The selected IP will undertake tasks as listed against each component. It is envisaged that the IP will ensure implementation of the following activities but due to the dynamic situation of Plastic waste management new activities can also be included in the contract.
- The list below is for first year activities, some activities will be on-going during future years, along with new activities added in the subsequent years. Every year new budget lines will be agreed for the activities and a year plan will be approved.
- IP will ensure to develop and implement a revenue model-based approach through the swachhta Kendra and monitor the project in lines with the guidance provided by the project team. Clear and periodic agreements will be made with recyclers, kadadiwallahas etc to generate revenue streams for the plastics waste to be Recycled.
- IP will develop creative ways of linking with schools, educational institutions, shops, hospitals, industry houses etc. (other stakeholders) in the given areas for collection of plastic and other dry waste for recycling).
- List of activities as identified for each component is listed below. Some activities will be managed entirely by UNDP and have not been listed in this document. For any additional activity, UNDP and the contractor will mutually agree on its timelines, costs etc.
Reporting and Management
The IP will work closely with the designated officials of UNDP and Donor; keep them updated on regular basis as mentioned in the scope of the project. The IP will also share programmatic reports as required as per the UNDP, state pollution control boards/ ULBs norms/formats. UNDP will train and facilitate the IP on tracking of the waste through cloud-based technology based computerized system.
Criteria for Preliminary Examination of Proposals
- Technical proposal is submitted separately from Financial Proposal.
- Financial proposal must be password protected, otherwise proposal will get rejected.
- Latest Certificate of Registration of Business submitted
- Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Accounts submitted for past three years.
- Is the Offer or, or any of its joint venture member, included in UN Security Council 1267 List and List of Suspended and Removed Vendors
Contact Person for Inquiries (Written inquiries only)
Surjit Singh, Procurement Unit firstname.lastname@example.org
Any delay in UNDP’s response shall be not used as a reason for extending the deadline for submission, unless UNDP determines that such an extension is necessary and communicates a new deadline to the Proposers.
Who can apply?
Proposals are invited from Non-government organizations (NGOs)/ Community based organizations (CBOs) / institutions / organizations/social enterprise/ company / SHG only. Proposal submitted by Individuals will not be accepted.
To Apply, visit - through e-tendering portal https://etendering.partneragencies.org
(event ID # IND10 0000004907).
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd