RFP for Preparing Status of the Youth Report -2019
Apply By: 08 May 2019
RFP title: RFP for Preparing Status of the Youth Report -2019
Deadline: 8th May 2019
UNDP in partnership with the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs & SPorts (MoYAS) is implementing a project on “Strengthening Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) and National Service Scheme (NSS)” with an overall goal to strengthen the youth volunteering infrastructure in the country. The project also seeks to support the Government of India and State Governments in implementing the National Youth Policy- 2014.
By 2020, India's population is expected to become the world's youngest; more than 500 million Indian citizens will be under 25 years of age and more than two thirds of the population will be eligible to work.
Objective of the Assignment
With the vision of supporting in revision of the National Youth Policy-2014, the Status of Youth Report2019 will provide the key evidence and analysis towards the status of youth both from rural and urban areas. The report will further support the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MoYAS) in designing and recommending concrete action plan for addressing the issues and challenges of youth in the country.
Scope of the Assignment
The selected Agency is expected to undertake the necessary socio-economic and cultural analysis focusing on youth issues, identify opportunities and propose appropriate interventions, which can serve as a guiding document for consideration while revising National Youth Policy 2014. The study report, based on the progress against targets on the leading and lagging indicators of success of National Youth Policy - 2014; is also expected to recommend future interventions by central Ministries, Departments and Agencies to holistically address various priorities concerning youth.
Key Tasks under the Assignment
The selected Agency is expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Collect and analyze data through primary and secondary sources on existing status of youth in India including issues and challenges faced by youth both in rural and urban areas taking into consideration diverse social, economic and cultural contexts;
- Review youth related schemes and programmes, as being implemented by various Central Ministries/Departments which will include mapping of needs, responses and gaps in schemes/programmes addressing youth and identification of barriers/obstacles for youth to access to the basic services identified under priorities of the National Youth Policy 2014;
- Identify various needs of the youth and assess key gaps faced by the rural and urban youth particularly towards youth development;
- Assess to what extent the youth are aware of various schemes which have been designed for their development and to what extent do they access these;
- Identify potential opportunities for youth to meaningfully participate in the development process and contribute to socio-economic development in the country;
Required Academic Qualification and experience of Team Leader and Members
- Team leader must have a master’s degree in Development Studies, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or any other Social Science relevant to the assignment and should have at least 10 years of demonstrable experience in conducting similar studies;
- At least one team member should have 5 years of proven experience in youth development related theme;
- At least one team member should have 5 years of proven experience in implementing research methodologies including quantitative and qualitative data collection methods such as FGD and KII;
- All supporting team members must have bachelor’s degree in development studies, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or any other Social Science relevant to the assignment and should have 5 years of experience in conducting research studies independently or working as part of a research team in social development sector.
Team Leader/Members should have excellent English writing and oral skills. Proficiency in Hindi will be advantageous.
Who can apply?
Proposals are invited from the institutions/organizations only. Proposal submitted by Individuals will not be accepted.
For more information please check the Link
For e-portal login click on the given link: https://etendering.partneragencies.org
Event ID: #0000003612
For any other queries Contact: Surjit Singh
Email ID: email@example.com
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd