RFP for Review of IFRC-TISS Programme in Disaster Management
Apply By: 25 Feb 2019
RFP Title: RFP for Review of IFRC-TISS Programme in Disaster Management
Deadline: 25th February 2019
Since 2013, in partnership with the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the Tata Institute for Social Sciences (TISS) has been running an Online Certificate Programme in Disaster Management.
Responsibilities of the consultant:
- To conduct a comprehensive, compact and detailed review of the academic relevance of the IFRC-TISS Certificate Programme in Disaster Management
- To map existing similar DM Courses from other organizations in order to have a comparative analysis.
- To review and suggest newer and more contemporary approaches based on positive practices in the field of DM which are relevant to the programme and IFRC.
- To examine the nature of collaboration between IFRC, Indian Red Cross and TISS and offer suggestions on enhancing it, in line with mutual expectations
- To offer specific recommendations to charter the course of action for next five years.
- To look at the require competencies that participants may acquire through the training
- To survey the RCRC alumni and assess their view of the course, is relevance, how to improve etc
The review outcomes should encompass, but not be limited to, the following areas:
- Learning/ Teaching Method: Effectiveness of the Programme in terms of design and structure of content, dissemination, relevance of taught content (syllabus and updation), grading activities conducted (Discussion Forum, Quiz, Assignments etc.)
- Term Paper and Field Practicum: review of the TP/ FP Manuals, guidelines and organization. (Suggestions for improving the process of facilitating the field practicum and term paper. running of the two)
- Programme be delivery in languages other than English: The increase in the diversity of our participants also raises the question of a possible offering in different languages so as to increase participation from non-native English speakers. Currently, the Programme is offered entirely in English, and some of our participants have spoken of the challenges in reading the complex texts in time to meet deadlines.
Criteria for Selection
- A university degree at the Masters’ level and a minimum 10 years of relevant evaluative/ practice based experience in the Development or allied fields, Disaster Management, Social Sciences or similar streams.
- Experience in teaching is preferred and high level of proficiency in English language is a pre requisite. Knowledge and experience of Project monitoring and evaluation of programmes large programmes. Familiarity and experience with nuances of online programmes would be preferred, (should have an understanding of online education and experience in developing academic content).
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, a short proposal including the budget by February 25, 2019
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd