RFP for Selection of agency for preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) for establishing a state of art Skills University/Skill City in Assam
Organization: Assam Skill Development Mission (ASDM)
Apply By: 19 Sep 2019
RFP title: RFP for Selection of agency for preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) for establishing a state of art Skills University/Skill City in Assam
Deadline: 19th September 2019
About the RFP Document
This RFP provides information regarding the Project, Scope of Work, Technical requirements and other related information to the bidder(s).
As should be clear from the Section 4 ‘Scope of Work’ of this RFP, ASDM expects more than a standard proposal in response to this Request for Proposal. In particular, ASDM seeks a specific proposal responsive to this RFP in every respect and detail, rather than a mere compilation of materials and promotional information used in other transactions.
The bidders are expected to examine all instructions, forms, terms, project requirements and other information in the RFP documents. Failure to furnish all information required by the RFP document or submission of a proposal not substantially responsive to the RFP documents in every respect will be at the bidder's risk and may result in rejection of the proposal and forfeiture of the Earnest Money Deposit (EMD).
The "Bidder" as used in the RFP shall mean the one who has signed the Bid Forms, which are part of Technical and Commercial bids. The bidder may be either the Principal Officer or his duly Authorized Representative, in either cases he/she shall submit a Certificate of Authority. All certificates and documents (including any clarifications sought and any subsequent correspondences) received hereby, shall, as far as possible, be furnished and signed by the authorized representative and the Principal Officer.
Terms of Reference(TOR)
In order to combat the unemployment scenario of the state and to offer the youth in the state an organized platform of skill development for sustenance of livelihood, the Assam Government has proposed to set up a Skill University. The aim of setting up the University is to offer candidates practical, hands-on training in manufacturing & services sector and also to set up industry/employer linkage as a boost to the skills development eco-system in the state.
Apart from employment opportunities formation of a Skill University/ Skill City will help skill development acquire an aspirational value and social acceptability in the society and the economy. Skill University is expected to provide an avenue for technical education in the Skill Development space and help harness the state’s competence in the skill development space.
The objective of this project is to develop the Skill University/ Skill City into a model Technical and Vocational and Educational Training(TVET) institution in the Northeast region of India that offers affordable and high-quality skills training for the masses especially for the youth unable to acquire higher education in other way. It will address the below points-
- Address the gainful employment opportunities
- “Bridge the Void” between basic training and emerging needs of industry and economy, thereby create a high employability workforce
- Make vocational training “Aspirational”
- Extend world class training and facilities to disadvantaged youth
- Fill the need of a “mother institution” for institutional needs of ITIs, Skill Development Centers, polytechnics such as quality assurance, industry linkages, training of trainers, assessors, international certification, entrepreneurship development and incubation etc.
- Evolve as a one stop TVET solution for international quality training, assessment, certification, apprenticeship, incubation, entrepreneurship and placement.
- Support the transition of North East economy from a traditional based one to a skill, knowledge and innovation base.
Scope of Work
The scope of work will encompass the following for preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) for establishing a state of art Skills University/Skill City in Assam:
- Analyze demand and supply gap for Assam & NE and identify key academic focus areas for Skill University/Skill City through Primary Research.
- Profile current employment pattern and future manpower requirements in Assam and neighboring states.
- Identify key trends and growth drivers for employment under each identified sector.
- Assessment of work force migration and employability opportunity pattern based on primary and secondary research.
- Identification and profiling of target sectors and key job roles across the target sectors.
- Assessment of existing and proposed Public and Private skill training Infrastructure in the State.
- Assessment of various existing Central and State Govt. schemes for skill development for the target sectors.
Amendment of RFP Document
At any time before the deadline for submission of bids, ASDM may, for any reason, at its own discretion, modify the Bid Document through an amendment notice. Any amendments made in to this document shall be communicated by means of notification and shall be published on ASDM’s website https://asdm.assam.gov.in ASDM shall not be responsible if the bidders fail to make note of such amendments. All such amendments shall be binding on all the bidders. The bidders are also advised to visit the aforementioned website on regular basis for checking necessary updates. ASDM also reserves the rights to amend the dates mentioned in this RFP for bid process.
Language of Bids
The proposal and all correspondence and documents shall be written in English. In case of accompanying literature being in a language other than English, a certified translation should accompany the documents as a part of the RFP. All proposals and accompanying documentation will become the property of ASDM and will not be returned.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd