RFP for Situation Analysis and Strategy Recommendations for TMF’s Disability Projects
Organization: Tech Mahindra Foundation
Apply By: 20 Jun 2019
Request for Proposal
Purpose: Situation Analysis and Strategy Recommendations for TMF’s Disability Projects (with a focus on Inclusion)
(Individual Consultants only)
Dated: 10th June 2019
Submission Deadline: 20th June 2019
Tech Mahindra Foundation is the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) arm of Tech Mahindra. It was set up in 2007 as a Section 25 Company (referred to as Section 8 Company in the Companies Act, 2013), with a vision of Empowerment through Education.
The Foundation’s programmes span elevenlocations in India namely – Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi-NCR, Hyderabad, , Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune and Visakhapatnam. It operates through a New Delhi-based Corporate Office, city-based Chapters and a number of Project Offices.
The Foundation works in three key areas – Education, Employability and Disability. It is currently running 170+ projects with over 100 partners across India. These projects are run in both direct and partner implementation modes.
With these, the Foundation has established itself as one of the leading CSRs in the country, reaching out to almost 100,000 primary and 400,000 secondary/tertiary beneficiaries.
Foundation’s work in Disability
The CSR Policy of Tech Mahindra mandates that at least 10% of all its beneficiaries should be persons with disabilities. Accordingly, the Foundation works with children and youth with disabilities in the areas of education and skill development. Activities under the disability program focus on the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
Under the ARISE+ program children with disabilities from the under privileged communities are identified, educated and enrolled in a mainstream school. Along with this the Foundation also supports regular training for caregivers, awareness and sensitisation programmes on disabilities, rehabilitation requirements such as speech therapy, physical therapy, orientation and mobility training and accessing their rights and entitlements.
The SMART+ program focuses on providing employable market-related skills, and opportunities to youth with disabilities. Specially designed curriculum and well-equipped classrooms in the centres allows young people with disabilities to obtain different foundation skills such as Basic IT and Computers, Spoken English and Workplace Readiness.
Scope of Work:
- Understand the background and context of TMF’s work in Disability,
- Review existing documents, frameworks etc. related to this work,
- Visit a few selected projects across 4 locations (Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai) to do a detailed evaluation of the projects from an Inclusivity perspective,
- Interact with the relevant TMF team members to understand the current level of understanding within the team related to various kinds of disabilities TMF is working with, as well as on inclusivity,
- Based on the above situation analysis, suggest the strategic and operational way forward for the Foundation to create meaningful long-term impact in the sector
- Detailed plan for the assignment, including an evaluation framework for the disability projects,
- A report on each project visited,
- An overall report with the detailed observations and findings of the field visits and interviews, as well as the recommendations for TMF,
- A presentation for the senior management and leadership within TMF to encapsulate the above report
- The consultant should have a relevant experience of working in the field of Disabilities for 5+ Years.
- Preferably based in Delhi.
Date and Process of Application
- Interested agencies can submit a detailed proposal by 20th June 2019 to email@example.com
- The proposal should contain technical and financial components, timeline & the budget proposed.
- Only shortlisted consultants would be contacted.
- Queries on the RFP will be addressed only through e-mail.
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd