RFP invited for Endline Evaluation of The Civil Society Education Fund (CSEF) Programme 2016-2019
Organization: Global Campaign for Education (GCE)
Apply By: 24 Jul 2019
About the organization
Founded in 1999, GCE is the largest movement of civil society organisations working to promote the human right to education. GCE membership comprises over 120 national coalitions, international and regional organisations advocating for quality public education for all. GCE members are from independent organisations united by the commitment to the human right to education, and to achieving change through the mobilisation of citizens and civil society.
About the Fund
The Civil Society Education Fund (CSEF) is a unique and ambitious programme that was launched and managed by the Global Campaign for Education (GCE) in 2009, in close collaboration with regional implementing partners and receives funding from the Global Partnership for Education (GPE). The aim of the CSEF programme is to provide support to citizens, in predominantly developing countries, as they engage in education sector policy, planning, budgeting and monitoring. It is founded on a shared understanding among key stakeholders that strong, broad-based and locally-driven civil society participation in these processes is crucial to delivering on national and international education goals and to holding their governments to account for commitments to education.
Purpose of Evaluation
The endline evaluation of CSEF III aims to serve multiple purposes which will ultimately seek to establish the success of the programme in the following manner;
- To critically reflect on the successes achieved through the third phase of the programme, compare to what was reportedly achieved at the mid-term point implementation and provide a review of the progress that has been made towards meeting the intended or/and unintended outcomes and consider how these have, in turn contributed towards the intended programme objectives.
- Examine the relevance and validity of the programme objectives and Theory of Change (TOC), given the passing of time and priorities surrounding global education advocacy.
- Following a similar approach with CSEF I and CSEF II programme endline evaluations, CSEF III evaluation also seeks to establish and document the extent at which the CSEF programme contributed to the objectives of GPE.
- To provide valuable insights and lessons that can be used to position and enable the Movement to keep seeking ways of growing, mobilising resources to support the growth of the Movement and remaining relevant as an advocate for equal and equitable quality education for all, as well as social justice
- GCE also seeks to identify key learning aspects that contributed towards the strategic priorities of GCE; allowing GCE and partners to think critically about the role that CSEF has played in terms of establishing, advancing and strengthening the Movement and the new role in the past four years of GCE as the Grant Agent.
- The evaluation will also provide an opportunity to assess how GCE and its partners will be transitioning to the ASA funding mechanism. This process will involve evaluating the current global and regional secretariat structures, reviewing the role played by the Secretariats within the wider movement and its engagement with the Board. This also is to ensure that the Secretariats staff are fit for purpose and can support the delivery of the current strategic plan and their role within the ASA mechanism.
Budget and contractual agreement
Upon signing of the evaluation contract, payments will be made within a day of delivering the milestones as outlined below:
- Signing of contract: 30% of total contract amount
- Against draft report: 30% of total contract amount
- Against final, GCE-approved report: 40% of total contract amount
How to Apply
Proposals should be submitted electronically in English with the subject line “Proposal: Evaluation of the CSEF Programme 2016-2019 (your company/consortium or lead consultant’s name)” to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 24 July 2019.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd